****Show Us The inside of your Case!****

Heres the inside of my fractal design r3. Does anyone know if a XFX DD Black Edition R9 290 will fit in my case?

DSCF5539.jpg

DSCF5545.jpg

Last edited:
Heres the inside of my fractal design r3. Does anyone know if a XFX DD Black Edition R9 290 will fit in my case?

PSU is upside down. Heat is escaping into your case and dust will collect into the PSU. :/ The grill under the PSU is there for a reason. :P

(Also it should looking nicer with the fan out of sight)

PSU is upside down. Heat is escaping into your case and dust will collect into the PSU. :/ The grill under the PSU is there for a reason. :P

(Also it should looking nicer with the fan out of sight)

I prefer to see the fan as its much nicer then just seeing a black box. Also it doesn't make any diff heatwise what way you have your psu, because the fan is pulling the air into the psu and expelling it out of the case via the psu. So in theory the psu is shifting warm air out of your case.

Modern PSUs can be mounted "upside down" no problem. PSUs with a fanless mode are better for it as well as the passive heat escapes into the case and is carried out through the exhaust fans in the case anyway.

My new PSU is set up like that and has made zero difference to increasing case temps because airflow is good and it means less dust to maintain via the PSU intake filter under the case.

I don't know if I've ever posted mine so here

0RYxRnv.jpg

Sorry for potato quality picture- I'm sure this phone said it came with a good camera.

Also it doesn't make any diff heatwise what way you have your psu, because the fan is pulling the air into the psu and expelling it out of the case via the psu. So in theory the psu is shifting warm air out of your case.

The only issue there being that you're using warm air from inside the case to cool your PSU.

Realistically, not likely to make a massive amount of difference but it could mean your PSU fan runs faster if temps rise.

Back
Top Bottom