****Show Us The inside of your Case!****

another set of my new HTPC, finally done a few bits, the CoolIT POS has been binned and replaced by a lovely and quiet Coolermaster GeminII SF524 with a deepcool fan and a tasty new Sony BD drive pretty much completes it for now,
possibly at some point, much of this rig may form a new project involving lots of white and pink, maybe even some custom watercooling too, just waiting on learning how to braid cables properly for the time being :p

HTPC Project BD Drive by Seraph82, on Flickr

Coolermaster GeminII SF524 by Seraph82, on Flickr

Coolermaster GeminII SF524 another shot by Seraph82, on Flickr

Cheapo case from OCUK, which I love :) Changed all the fans, 2 Viper 120mm at the top, 1 at the front of the case in front of HD bay, 140mm Viper at the bottom. Couple of Gentle Typhoons on the H80 and a couple of Akasa Ambers on the fan bridge. i5 2500k running at 4.7Ghz around 25c idle, 55c-60c fully loaded with IBT. X-Fire 5850's.

pvfCf.jpg

giVpD.jpg

DkP7x.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

The first picture exaggerates the cables on show behind the PC. You really have to peek behind to see those :)

TA7HD.jpg.png

Front fan is a coolermaster megaflow (LEDs trimmed off), all others are Akasa Apache blacks.

U9lB4.jpg.png

Pretty happy with the cable management of this. Will probably keep this case for my next build.

VClCE.jpg.png

lTNOe.jpg.png

Push-pull configuration on the H100, drawing air in from above and exhausting out the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rad and the fan missed the 8 pin socket by a few mm, but the 8pin cable itself bulges out, so it was pushing against the lower fan. I got around this by pushing the fan in slowly, while pulling the 8 pin cable taught down behind the motherboard and it went in... just.

Cheers for the comments. The only thing bugging me are the front panel connectors that I've routed behind the motherboard. For some reason, they're drooping down a bit, but it's a big job to adjust them (taking the cards out, loosening the mobo mounting screws etc), so I'm going to leave it.

Would you believe all the power cables exit the chassis in the one oblong hole :D

very clean looking build tayto_0 :)
Cheers :) It was only supposed to be a temporary build until my watercooling parts arrived, but its grown on me :confused: Might leave it as it is for a while

Pretty happy with the cable management of this. Will probably keep this case for my next build

I just moved from a 800D ( too big too heavy) and i much prefer the 650D! it has to be the easiest case i've ever built in. In fact it was almost boring :D

I miss the old days when bundling all your cables at the bottom of your case was what passed for cable management ;)

Back
Top Bottom