*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
Never owned a bike before but I've always wanted one so today I finally did something about it and bought one.
Wrong time of year I know but it helped with the price I guess. Hoping to use it for a few months (CBT on sunday) until I get my full license.

media_zpsl6lizi8v.jpg

media5_zpsvtcpx1dm.jpg

media4_zpsyj08ft9c.jpg

Associate
Looking good!

It's near a year to the day I passed my CBT and got my 125, and just over a month away from the time it got stolen :p - so def by a chain + disc locks :).

Any recommendations? Same with security in the garage?
It's quite rural where I am and its not a commuter so fingers crossed.

Associate
Well, at least you'll never have to spend money on hi vis gear whilst you're riding that :p

I love the Dukes, but that's a bit too orange for me.

It is for me too hence I'm tempted to order carbon fibre fenders. It's had a lot of upgrades and a lot of cash thrown at it so hopefully it will do me good as a first bike for a few months.

Associate
Any recommendations? Same with security in the garage?
It's quite rural where I am and its not a commuter so fingers crossed.

Disc lock-wise, I use a Abus Granit Sledg 77. It's pricey, but a great deterrent. I also use a 19mm Almax chain with a Squire Ss65cs. The only way of going through them is with an angle-grinder.

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem is though, where do you put it through your bike?! A 19mm chain won't go through the Tuono, a 16mm will be a struggle too. And chaining up through the wheels isn't ideal.

Soldato
Pretty sure there isn't anywhere for the pin to go, the rear axle isn't big enough either. I'll probably get a 19mm chain and put it through the wheels, the 2 bikes will be locked together and in the garage so should be good.

Soldato
I got a thick 12-16mm chain, ground anchor and armoured drill proof shutter lock from toolstation fitted the anchor to my garage floor and smashed the ball bearings into the floor anchor. Also got a cheap cover. Seems to have prevented theft so far but I still need a disc lock.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I rewarded my faithful CBR600FS which I've had for 3 years now since getting my license by getting something Italian. I know these typically aren't ridden in winter but I couldn't resist today and should be fitting a rear carbon hugger later today.

luM6KTs.jpg

Sounds quite fruity for stock cans too.
Yes it needs a clean!

Soldato
I rewarded my faithful CBR600FS which I've had for 3 years now since getting my license by getting something Italian. I know these typically aren't ridden in winter but I couldn't resist today and should be fitting a rear carbon hugger later today.

luM6KTs.jpg

Sounds quite fruity for stock cans too.
Yes it needs a clean!

Being white and in winter, it's always going to need a clean!

Back
Top Bottom