Show us your drawings/artwork

Caporegime
See,that second attempt is gorgeous.

Wothth first one you've tried to draw a solid line free hand, which doesn't work so well I find. You'd be better off using the pen tool if you want a solid black line for that first image :) basically how you've done the outline for the butterfly

Soldato
See,that second attempt is gorgeous.

Wothth first one you've tried to draw a solid line free hand, which doesn't work so well I find. You'd be better off using the pen tool if you want a solid black line for that first image :) basically how you've done the outline for the butterfly

Thanks, i was quite pleased with the second one, although most of it is effects I followed from Youtube videos, so the final result feels a little cheated.

Thanks Josh, I'll checkout Ctrl+Paint. I noticed he sells more in depth videos, so wasn't sure if his free ones would be any good.

Soldato
First try at a face and quite pleased with it, although It looks nothing like the woman I was trying to draw. I'm getting a hang of the shading now, but its really hard to get it to look realistic. I don't know how the guys do it on Youtube so fast and make it look easy.

Definitely need more practise at sketching as well as its not symmetrical, which is I think why it looks so ugly lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I used a brush that had a few dots and then spaced them out a bit so that it draws a few strands at a time. I have seen much better looking results on Youtube, so theres probably some decent proper brushes out there that would make it easier.

Soldato
My child8sh anime lineart lol

Left one was the orig attempt with 2nd left being it tidied up and upscaled notably and then the right 2 are different mouth styles.

kWaNG4x_d.jpg

These were my 2nd attempt at drawing in photoshop and done with a mouse. This was an original character as my take on Shinano for Kancolle but never completed

Not got a pic at hand for my first attempt but will update when im home.

Soldato
I hadn't painted for a few months and needed to redo a picture I painted for my dad, of his dad, that the courier lost in the damn post... not at all annoying. Anyway, started that and it spurred me to do a couple of others I wanted to do.

KDadFI4.jpg

Mia Wallace.

8cjYaXD.jpg

Conor.

Going to do a bit more to Conor, just finished him last night and going to add some background touches, but not much.

Now to actually finish the one for my dad :D

Soldato
I'm pretty terrible at all things art related which makes the fact i'm close to finishing my Architecture Degree. I'm really not the greatest hand drawer in the world (or even the house) so I avoid it where possible. I'm really enjoying Affinity Photo though and I've always enjoyed a good render.

nVJ3q8Nh.jpg

One of my hand in images which I quite like (urban infill master planning scheme), especially given how terrible I am at it all.

Soldato
KCA3bO6.jpg.png

Bump! blew the dust off my tablet to have another practise. This is copied from an image I found online, but not traced at all. Still need to do a background. I think i'll try something with more shading next, but this was good for practising sketching and getting proportions right etc. It was a lot easier now I have a 27" monitor, instead of a 40" TV...

Heres the image I copied:
KdFBUkV.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
KCA3bO6.jpg.png

Bump! blew the dust off my tablet to have another practise. This is copied from an image I found online, but not traced at all. Still need to do a background. I think i'll try something with more shading next, but this was good for practising sketching and getting proportions right etc. It was a lot easier now I have a 27" monitor, instead of a 40" TV...

Heres the image I copied:
KdFBUkV.png

Awesome job

I'd be happy with that, amazingly happy

Soldato
Thanks! It was one of them where It only really came together at the end as it just looked like a painting by numbers for most of it, which i guess it kinda is. It's a lot harder trying to think of something to draw from scratch instead of copying someone else work. I might have a go at doing something from scratch next.

I just used Photoshop and the default hard and soft brushes as I read it's good to get used to them before using fancy brushes. Made the mistake of using the charcoal pencil as I thought it would give it a more hand drawn look, but when I came to colour you could see the colour under the lines, so had to then go over the top of most of it with a hard brush.

Last edited:
Soldato
My child8sh anime lineart lol

Left one was the orig attempt with 2nd left being it tidied up and upscaled notably and then the right 2 are different mouth styles.

kWaNG4x_d.jpg

These were my 2nd attempt at drawing in photoshop and done with a mouse. This was an original character as my take on Shinano for Kancolle but never completed

Not got a pic at hand for my first attempt but will update when im home.

Thats awesome work, I wish I could get my lines that smooth with my pen, never mind a mouse!

Also, I'm not obsessed with Demon Slayer, honest...

Soldato
Thats awesome work, I wish I could get my lines that smooth with my pen, never mind a mouse!

Also, I'm not obsessed with Demon Slayer, honest...

A lot of people actually use the Pen tool in photoshop for that kind of thing anyway, you can create all sorts of shapes and it's really smooth lines, then you can paint/colour by hand so to speak.

Associate
heres a few of mine, really want to get into landscapes as think they look awesome when painted well but draw traditionally every now and then. Want to get a decent tablet soon though as most pictures are painted on my phone with the ArtFlow app on android so they dont translate well to full screen.
K6UQUsB.jpg
WP5beJf.jpg
yHTzfDx.jpg
DDz9RKs.jpg
XkQ8QWH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom