Show us your drawings/artwork

Soldato
OP
I shall take great pleasure in receiving it :eek: :p

Would anyone be interested in a 'how to draw' thread? I've kinda went back to basics working on human figures with lines, perspective drawing, colour theory and so on so might be interesting to get other people onboard, share resources etc.

Soldato
OP
Another reference free sketch, 1 and a half hours.

women_in_forrest2.jpg

Associate
Ok - my input..

Cybermyk - those are so bad.
Your meetings must be awful - I feel for you.
Anyone who can sit through a meeting and can spend so much time doodling has to be expendable though?

Soldato
OP
Shifty, For your digital work, what brushes you using?

Last one I did
snip

A brush pack by a little known artist Craig Mullins which isn't available anymore, wont say how I came by it :p If you do a search for 'Jaime Jones brushes' you'll find his pack contains all of the brushes by Mullins and a whole load more custom ones, too many for my liking. The Mullins one is good because it's basically just the default PS brushes(chalk, round, airbrush etc) with some textured variants thrown in which I like for under painting and things. :)

Soldato
OP
Cybermyk - those are so bad.

That's a bit harsh, I quite like the Garfield :p

Come on fellas, get uploading!

1 and a half hour sketch from today:

market_knitting.jpg

Going to try, infact I will(you must hold me to it) do at least 1 speed painting everyday. Going to try and learn something new with every one.

This time it was line drawing and how much I hate it! It might make me a visual simpleton but this drawing was done purely by blocking in colours and refining shapes, silhouettes and values, most of my better pieces of work were done this way. Perspective lines are easy enough but drawing people with lines is tough going.

I done this sketch across three layers as opposed to my usual 1, so I might post the 3-4 step process up when I get in later.

Btw, for anyone wondering about the grainy texture. It's just a noise filter I apply whenever I output drawings into JPEG. Gives it a more real quality, I think.

Associate
This is a sketch from quite a few years ago, i dont think ive picked up a pencil properly since!!

unfinished-1.jpg

This one is from a few months back, brought my tablet into work and managed to sketch this in probably half hour or so while trying to pass time.
Done in Flash.

kiss.jpg

This is a little cartooney more a doodle than art but i dont really spend much time doing it any more.

excited.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That's a bit harsh, I quite like the Garfield :p

Come on fellas, get uploading!

1 and a half hour sketch from today:

market_knitting.jpg

Going to try, infact I will(you must hold me to it) do at least 1 speed painting everyday. Going to try and learn something new with every one.

This time it was line drawing and how much I hate it! It might make me a visual simpleton but this drawing was done purely by blocking in colours and refining shapes, silhouettes and values, most of my better pieces of work were done this way. Perspective lines are easy enough but drawing people with lines is tough going.

I done this sketch across three layers as opposed to my usual 1, so I might post the 3-4 step process up when I get in later.

Btw, for anyone wondering about the grainy texture. It's just a noise filter I apply whenever I output drawings into JPEG. Gives it a more real quality, I think.

I think this is absolutely brilliant!

Soldato
A brush pack by a little known artist Craig Mullins which isn't available anymore, wont say how I came by it :p If you do a search for 'Jaime Jones brushes' you'll find his pack contains all of the brushes by Mullins and a whole load more custom ones, too many for my liking. The Mullins one is good because it's basically just the default PS brushes(chalk, round, airbrush etc) with some textured variants thrown in which I like for under painting and things. :)

I found one by him, still not really looking the way I want it to. I'll have another look around though.

Quick sketch I done a few days back, probably going to work on it

96613986.jpg

Back
Top Bottom