1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your gains on 337.50 nVidia drivers

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gregster, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Gregster

Caporegime

Well the gains are very tasty indeed and I have done some basic testing at 1080P. The key for me was always needing to run my CPU overclocked to reduce the bottleneck with running two titans and found 4.6ghz to be the sweet spot but since trying the new performance drivers from nVidia, I no longer ned to run an overclocked CPU and have seen some big big gains in the few games I have tested. More to come but for now, this is what I have.

Post your results guys and if anyone wants me to put their findings into a nice graph and doesn't know how or have the tools, fire over your results and I will do it for you :)

It would be great if people could bench as many games as possible and if you don't see any gains, let us know as well. There maybe something we can see as the reason.

Gregster's reults
    [​IMG]

Whyscotty's results
    [​IMG]

PGI's Results
    [​IMG]

Owen Eades results
    [​IMG]

NVIDIA driver discussions only

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. imginy

Wise Guy

Nice gains

3. shankly1985

Capodecina

We need to find a method on benchmarking battlefield 4. Me thinks an empty server is the only way to go.
    We should have a route to take and follow.

What you guys think?

4. Doogles

Mobster

For me I get along better in BF4 with DX11 than Mantel. I do like the look of those gains from the Nvidia drivers, won't ever get one myself unless the prices drop though. :(

5. jh30uk

PermaBanned

Buy a 2nd hand GPU then, 780 or higher if some rich kids offload their 780Ti's in a few weeks when 6GB variants arrive.

At least you know it ain't been cooked Mining.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  6. Kurisu Makise

Mobster

I really wish i chose a GTX770 over the 7950 now

very nice gains on these new drivers.

p*** poor mantle makes my performance worse than DX11 and the same for many others too

7. shankly1985

Capodecina

Driver this month should help with your 7000 series GPU on Mantle. Till then you better using DX11
    Its funny though because even though the 7000 series haven't yet had the Mantle love not all users are experiencing issue. Look Humbug for example he having some lovely gains.

I waiting to see how AMD make there move now, what ever Nvidia have done am sure AMD can add something to there DX11 driver.

Waiting to see how the gains compare to the rest, of the on going GPU bench threads. Think it will be better if you guys added your results into each of them. seeing we not allowed to compare in here. :p

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  8. humbug

Capodecina

Its interesting that Nvidia have not done this till now. why now? why not 2 years ago? whats changed now?

Something to do with Microsoft? a change with them?

9. jktmstokes23

Gangster

This is not an anti-Nvidia post by any means but part of me wonders if this has been possible for quite some time, there was just no real push to do it, so they kept fps artificially low but just high enough to beat AMD out. Now that AMD has the hype train with Mantle, Nvidia feels the need to actually do what could have been done for a while...

I am not a big believer in mantle but maybe a byproduct of mantle will be enhanced drivers from Nvidia and the releasing of the cards full potential.

It could be that and a mix that 20nm might not be ready for a while...

10. alex_123_fra

Wise Guy

Very nice Greg. Any difference in synthetic benches with the new drivers?

11. andybird123

Sgarrista

Right, what Nvidia have done is to intercept and fundamentally rewrite big chunks of DX11. So yes, in theory either vendor could have done this a while ago IF they even thought to do it, if you think of the time and resources that AMD have ploughed in to mantle for a bit of short term oneupmanship (knowing that DX12 would be coming), then investing this level of time in to a major DX11 rewrite seems justified... Competition breeds advancement. It isnt really fair to complain that "nvidia could have done this ages ago", if you actually think about thr purpose of an API and drivers, and what doing this must have taken them.

12. eyetrip

Sgarrista

Oh Nvidia drivers, how I miss thee....

13. jktmstokes23

Gangster

14. Martini1991

Caporegime

Isn't this more significant than Mantle since it's not only effecting 2 games?

That's how I see it.

But obviously requires people testing more and more games, but if it affects games across the board for DX11, to me it's more significant than Mantle.

15. oweneades

Sgarrista

I only really have Thief to compare but I will give these drivers a go on my laptop. Should be interesting to see if I can squeeze some more performance out of my 780M.

I havn't really been following these drivers but are there any performance gains for BF3/Crysis 3. I am just thinking of other games I could test. I have BF4 & Tomb Raider on my consoles so I have no desire to purchase them again (especially as I got Tomb Raider (twice) for free).

16. jktmstokes23

Gangster

As an AMD user, I say yes... 2 games, one that is average and the other that had a botched release and still has some problems...

What is the consensus though? I've seen people on other forums saying they've used the drivers and benched games and that the graphs were really overhyped, but then I see people who absolutely love them.

17. whyscotty

Sgarrista

Reading around and thru my own testing, gains are only really being seen by Sli set ups

18. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Highest score for sleeping dogs bench smacked right out the park.:D

4 Titans @981/1789

3930k @5.0

[​IMG]

19. triss

Mobster

Old Game Swtor gone from 100 fps up to 115 worthwhile improvment in a game i wasnt expecting any

20. ashmanuk67

Wise Guy

Hi Greg Now you've had a play with BF4 with the new drivers how do you think it plays? in another thread i said how much smoother it felt as in some parts of certain maps you could feel it was very twitchy but now using these new drivers BF4 feels super smooth in all maps apart from some network lag.