• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Show us your gains on 337.50 nVidia drivers

Associate
Are these drivers specifically targeting the 700 series & Titans? I don't normally install beta drivers but I might give these a go on my SLI 680s. Hopefully I'll see similar performance gains

Caporegime
OP
SLI seems to get the biggest gains but I put that down to reducing the load on the CPU. I am insisting that everyone try these. I have not found a single issue/problem/bug/error with these and I have/am testing loads of games.

I will give Metro LL a run as well Majnu and I am on W7 :)

Soldato
SLI seems to get the biggest gains but I put that down to reducing the load on the CPU. I am insisting that everyone try these. I have not found a single issue/problem/bug/error with these and I have/am testing loads of games.

I will give Metro LL a run as well Majnu and I am on W7 :)

I've only just finished my Parvum S2 build with a custom 7970 backplate. This is not helping me with avoiding an upgrade to a 780/780Ti!!!!!!

Caporegime
OP
I've only just finished my Parvum S2 build with a custom 7970 backplate. This is not helping me with avoiding an upgrade to a 780/780Ti!!!!!!

Mmmmm 780 and a 4K monitor :D

In truth bud, another 7970 and you would be set for a couple of years IMO. Only proper geeks need/want masses of fps and sadly, I am a proper geek :D

Here is my Metro 4K results on the new drivers just for reference and will have a play on the old drivers soon. Gonna hurt installing them again but needs must :D
3b26f6e9713258a65c8a99e6095bdc37.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Well did some testing with the CPU at stock and no gains (or losses) for me at 4K. Still, I can see the benefits when I game in 3D though, so good result.

From here and other places, it seems evident that the biggest gains are for 1080P and SLI users.

Soldato
Interesting point, see good old Nvidia is still writing drivers for XP64, obviously game support for DX9 has taken quite a downturn over the last year or so but you want big gains then where possible running in DX9 give them ;) maybe these new drivers ignore some of the DX11 bloat ? because personally the only difference I see is artificially switched off or the odd unsupported eye candy.

MS, XP support apparently ends tomorrow, lets hope Nvidia continue drivers :) as for me I will run XP64 until something better comes along which will be never :D And in 5 secs I can boot into win7 anyway.

Caporegime
OP
I have noticed far lower CPU usage when I was doing the 1080P tests, so I am guessing this is why we are seeing gains. I am all out of testing for now and popped the new drivers back on but might have another play with single/SLI cards and different CPU speeds, just to see what the difference is.

I have to say though, I am mightily impressed with these and I will deffo test in 3D to see if there is some gains there as well, as that is quite demanding.

Soldato
You guys benched em?? I will have a go at the end of the week.

There isn't a lot in it in the 3Dmark stuff. I've yet to try Heaven.

Must admit I've been a bit busy these last few days so haven't found the enthusiasm to benchmark old to new. They do seem to perform very well though, and I'm seeing much better SLi performance in Assassins Creed 4 with three Tis. I'm fairly sure I was a little bit CPU bottlenecked before. So great driver as far as SLi is concerned.

Only done one bench so far which was for Thief. Two way SLi performance, still negative three way scaling.

thief.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to roll back to my stock bios tonight and may also roll back drivers so I can re bench tr, SD and star swarm.

I'd heard rumblings of 337 bringing down fire strike scores but can't confirm.

Soldato
I did not have much time so,I tested only three games. All are benchmarked at 1680X1050 using a Xeon E3 1220 and a GTX660 2GB.

Metro:Last Light

I used the in-game benchmark tool. All settings are on very high,with SSAO and PhysX off. I used an average of three runs.

331.82 drivers

Average=37.66FPS
Maximum=79.2FPS
Minimum=6.67FPS

337.50 drivers

Average=39.92FPS
Maximum=77.69FPS
Minimum=10.52FPS

Bioshock Infinite

DX11 Very High Settings.One run.

331.82 drivers

Average=74.22FPS
Maximum=125.99FPS
Minimum=27.83FPS

337.50 drivers

Average=77.43FPS
Maximum=134.07FPS
Minimum=20.84FPS

Tombraider

Adrenaline Ultimate preset with TressFX on. Average of three runs.

331.82 drivers

Average=42FPS
Maximum=53.6FPS
Minimum=31.5FPS

337.50 drivers

Average=42.57FPS
Maximum=56FPS
Minimum=30.6FPS

Back
Top Bottom