Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
@sHo0sH best of luck, I hope this treatment works and its amazing you are happy to sell off your belongings to pay for the treatment. fingers crossed for you and kitty my friend
Thanks! There's no competition when it comes to it - he's family and I will just have to tighten in a bit and have a clear out in the meantime!

Last edited:
Soldato
I had to have my cat put down a week and a half ago. She was a Norwegian Forest Cat, 15 years and 4 months old and I'd had her just under 15 years.

This was the day I got her:

DSCF1754.jpg

And this was a few months back:

IMG-5053.jpg
IMG-1872.jpg

Unfortunately she had pancreatic cancer so there wasn't really any other option. She was truly an amazing cat and I think I'll be gutted about it for quite some time.

Soldato
I had to have my cat put down a week and a half ago. She was a Norwegian Forest Cat, 15 years and 4 months old and I'd had her just under 15 years.

Unfortunately she had pancreatic cancer so there wasn't really any other option. She was truly an amazing cat and I think I'll be gutted about it for quite some time.
So sorry for the loss - she looks like she had a great life and 15 is definitely a good innings! It will always haunt you but the pain will fade over time - I still think about my childhood cat 20 years later!

Soldato

DSCF1754.jpg

IMG-5053.jpg
IMG-1872.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Always gutting when you lose what is really a member of the family. We've got a Norwegian Forest cat Oscar. Our other cat loves having his belly ticked but Oscar is on another level. He could have it ticked for hours.

That is him on the left, our other cat still isn't overjoyed at his presence, he is tolerated with the occasional bash when he gets too big for his boots.

IMG-0999.jpg

In his favourite position

262202272-756998355258223-6776801273966096719-n.jpg

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don

DSCF1754.jpg

IMG-5053.jpg
IMG-1872.jpg

Really sorry for your loss mate, I was a mess when we lost Dusty :(
15 is a good innings tho and she looks awesome in those pics above you deffo gave her a good life :)

I said we'd never get another as didn't want to go thru that again. left if a good few years and then we got a ragdoll last summer and she's a proper loon

Soldato
So in the 4 days since we have started treating him, frank has managed to put on 200gms in weight which is great as its a good sign its working. He is really lively again and we're hopeful it will work. Still a long road ahead!

Also - lifehack for weighing a cat :)

1Jpz5Hw.jpg

Soldato
Thanks for the kind words guys. Got her ashes back yesterday as I felt she deserved to still have a place in the house. Splashed out for the ashes in an ornamental sleeping cat thing rather than a potentially creepy looking urn.

I had no intentions of getting another cat, especially not so soon but my wife is trying to convince me to get this little fella as he needs a home:

IMG-0650.jpg

He's a 9 month old Norwegian Forest Cat though he looks older but that's because Norwegians are big cats. I did always say if I did get another cat it would have to be another Norwegian. I know no cat can ever replace the one I've lost but I am tempted. We shall see.

Soldato
Thanks for the kind words guys. Got her ashes back yesterday as I felt she deserved to still have a place in the house. Splashed out for the ashes in an ornamental sleeping cat thing rather than a potentially creepy looking urn.

I had no intentions of getting another cat, especially not so soon but my wife is trying to convince me to get this little fella as he needs a home:

IMG-0650.jpg

He's a 9 month old Norwegian Forest Cat though he looks older but that's because Norwegians are big cats. I did always say if I did get another cat it would have to be another Norwegian. I know no cat can ever replace the one I've lost but I am tempted. We shall see.

I'll take him!!

Soldato
OP
So in the 4 days since we have started treating him, frank has managed to put on 200gms in weight which is great as its a good sign its working. He is really lively again and we're hopeful it will work. Still a long road ahead!

Also - lifehack for weighing a cat :)

1Jpz5Hw.jpg
His little face is hilarious. Glad Frank is on the mend.:)

Soldato
He's back to playing and running around like a madman its so great to see. Also may now be able to treat him through the vets after the initial 30 days of injections and potentially claim some on the insurance again (luckily my annual policy renews in January) so could be looking up for the money side of things as well!

vXFBKnT.jpg

Soldato

IMG-0650.jpg

Would be rude not to help him TBH :) Just look at him, so regal. Reminds me of this cat... https://www.instagram.com/mco_vivo/?hl=en

Back
Top Bottom