Show us Your Linux Box(es)

Soldato
1.jpg

Crap picture, lighting was terrible at my old house ;)

Anyway it's a VIA EPIA 800mhz with a Cheyang Fun mini-ITX aluminium case.

fIREfox

F

fIREfox

Originally posted by Shak
You can use the dual inputs for 2 different machines, its possible then to switch between them?

/me needs a 4 port KVM

Shak

Yep, theres a button on the far left... toggle between front input and rear.... V handy m8 !!!

fIREfox

F

fIREfox

Arc:

Ya got some cool boxen there my main man.... Ya gotta love those lights :D

'Augustus' has a green cold cathode so when I finish painting her hopfully she'll look cool. Also ive persuaded mum n dad to get me a Chieftech case from ocuk for xmas :D Ill use it to re-house claudius I think... but of course it will ruin my uptime [currently 64days] :(

Soldato
Originally posted by fIREfox
but of course it will ruin my uptime [currently 64days] :( [/B]

I hate ruining uptimes :) Sad i know. Had to turn off main server which had 120day uptime yesterday - to move it 2 metre's across the room to its new home :(

Permabanned
OP
I seem to get to around 9 days of uptime and then need to add a new driver or something. I have had 9 days like twice and then I shut down or have a new kernel.

I had to power down yesterday for 2 hours as I added a new hard drive and re-arranged everything

How I need hot swap SCSI!

Shak

Arc

Arc

Associate
To all those who asked the question:

The mysterious silver box is indeed a sub :). Its part of my 5.1 sys and it coped very well with Blade II last night, floor boards were definetly moving :D. Need some reinforcing in ere.

It doesnt sit next to the PC anymore but it does kind of worry me that the sub is about the same size as the Chieftech ;).

Soldato
Originally posted by Shak
Lostie, those VIA EPIA's are really nice aren't they?

What distro are you running on it?

Shak

They are sweet m8, I've been a SLACKer since 1996 and ain't gonna change now ;) (it's Slackware 8.1.01)

Associate
Hi

Finally dug out my digital camera

First pic

Globalwin extreme case with Athlon 800 1gb pc133 ram abit kt7a-raid board and 40gb hdd used for samba for local network and squid. Also in the pic on the right is my smoothwall box version 2b2, also a couple of ups's the apc one for the smoothwall box and switch and adsl router the other for the other box.

pick1.jpeg

Pic2

This is my linux box abit kr7a-raid xp1800 256ddr 29160 scsi card and 9gb 10000rpm fujitsu drive running libranet v2.7 aopen cdrw drive and scsi cd. Another APC for this machine and any others i may be worknig on.

pick2.jpeg

Pic3

The computer room, hp4000 printer the case with the front off is to become the web server/ftp server in the near future, with a abit kt7 board 1ghz Athlon, 512mb ram 20gb drive. On top of the printer is a old p2 266 256mb ram (if only i could get the printer to print some of them off :p )

pick3.jpeg

Pic4

The only windows machine in the house. Used for dvd playback and the few things i still need windows for, it a xp1600 256mb ddr msi k7t266 pro2 board, with a 2940uw scsi card and 9gb 10000 fujitsu drive also got a pioneer region free dvd and yamaha scsi 16*10*40 rewriter. 5.1 surround sound
videologic digitheatre 5.1 speakers and a sonicfury sound card.

pick4a.jpeg

Also got a few othe rmachines about the place which include:-

Atherlon classic 500 on abit board with 512mb ram
compaq deskpro2000 p166 32mb ram 1.1gb drive (same as my smoothwall box)
AMD k6 2-400 256mb ram
and lastly a cyrix 300IIm or something like that with 128mb ram.

plus loads of other bits and bobs, spose i should sell some really :)

Thanks for looking

Deano

Last edited:
Associate
Yep long live the gimp!! Thought it must be in the gimp some where :)

Carn`t say i`ve used it much,but when i have time along with everthing else i'll look into it a bit more.

Thanks

Deano

Odin

O

Odin

Don't know if this counts, but here's my Smoothie box in my loft:

smoothie.jpg

Is a top-quality Compaq 4/25s that's been upgraded with a 586-133 overdrive type chip, has 12MB ram and a 400MB hd.. top stuff but it works!

Not running DHCP 'cause that's handled by the Win2K server (hey, I need it for work purposes..):

2kserver.jpg

XP1600+, A7V266, 256MB PC2100 DDR etc..

Hey, who needs cases :p

Back
Top Bottom