Show us Your Linux Box(es)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Please excuse poor quality pics...

Here's my main workstation, specs in sig, running Gentoo 1.4rc1 with fluxbox.

mycomp.jpg

This used to be Gentwo but it's now been gutted and is going to become a P4.

gentwo.jpg

And here's my smoothwall, sharing my 56k *sobs* modem.

smoothwall.jpg

Frankly I envy some of your networks, but being 16 this is all I can afford working part time.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Thanks shak. I'm quite please with the ClearPC so far but I've got lots more planned for it including a front mounted LCD/VFD and a relaybus. Those pics really are bad though - it's far better in real life.

Associate
I've been into Slackware since its initial release back when I just a wee nipper doing his GCSEs :) No piccies due to just upgrading and my my webcam doesn't wanna work :(

At home, I've got two Pentium IIs.

P2 1 (niobium.arcamax.co.uk)
Pentium 2 300mhz on Intel MB
384mb of RAM
10gb of HD space
Primary function(s): Personal FTP server and POP3/SMTP MTA
Operating system: Slackware 7.1

P2 2 (uranium.arcamax.co.uk)
Pentium 2 233mhz on AOpen MB
128mb of RAM
2x2gb of HD Space
Primary function: internet gateway/firewall and SSH server
Operating system: e-Smith (http://www.e-smith.org)

Am also toying with the idea of building a Celeron II SG24 Shuttle to remove either or both of these. There should be no risk as long as they are properly configured and the necessary steps are taken to prevent unauthorised usage. But may just replace one of these machines probably.

Associate
Originally posted by Shak
Nice work Sir, may I ask what software you are using for the mail server?

Thanks
Shak

I'm using qMail for my mail software with a webmail addon so that I as well as a couple of others that use my server for SMTP/POP3 mail since they couldn't be bothered setting up their own mail servers so I just created vhosts for their domains which all point to the box :)

So now if they aren't at their boxes they can check email remotely (unless they have given me their IP address so as to allow it through) or if they are using their boxes or have the IP registered they can use either webmail or any mail proggie they like

Last edited:

fIREfox

F

fIREfox

Originally posted by Shak
So Exim is what is used as the backend? whats its features, we talking POP3?

Shak

s/mtu/mta.... hm... I should be talking about Mail Transfer Agents not packet window sizes lol.

www.exim.org - im sure ive seen you post mentioning it... its a good easy to use mail server for POP/SMTP or IMAP. We even have spam and av plugins for it [being an isp I guess we gotta :p]

Permabanned
OP
Originally posted by fIREfox
s/mtu/mta.... hm... I should be talking about Mail Transfer Agents not packet window sizes lol.

www.exim.org - im sure ive seen you post mentioning it... its a good easy to use mail server for POP/SMTP or IMAP. We even have spam and av plugins for it [being an isp I guess we gotta :p]

Nice one fIREfox, do you have the O'reilly guide?

Shak

Associate
1U: XP2000+, 512MB RAM, 2 x 60gig HDD
4U: Dual P3 Not exinct due to my father borking the mobo
Workstation: XP2000+ 512RAM, 400Gig HDD space.

Shak: the 1u was 150 squid and the 4U and hard drive backplane was cos 400 squid.

Cheers

LAN_Mine

Back
Top Bottom