Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Yep 2.0 TSI engine 200bhp

The petrol is VERY rare in my experience. there were none for sale for months and months then the very day before i am due to view an Octavia VRS this came up online. i viewed it the next day. test drive, checked it out and bought it right then.

Soldato
cm5a.jpg

30xi.jpg

nu5d.jpg

Associate
Yes that is true, the keyless entry and start/stop is great on my Audi... however they are talking about cars that have a start button but still require you to insert the key into the ignition and turn it which really is pointless and just for looks.

Caporegime
Yes that is true, the keyless entry and start/stop is great on my Audi... however they are talking about cars that have a start button but still require you to insert the key into the ignition and turn it which really is pointless and just for looks.

lol the CRZ is like that, key in the ignition then foot on clutch then button.

I always wonder what would happen if someone throws the key out of the window when I am driving along...

I put it to the test once, started the car with the keys in it, then my friend walk out with the keys and I drive away. The car actually works and didn't beep/alarm. I didn't go too far though but it was certainly outside the normal range for the keyless entry sensor to work.

Soldato
I always wonder what would happen if someone throws the key out of the window when I am driving along...

I put it to the test once, started the car with the keys in it, then my friend walk out with the keys and I drive away. The car actually works and didn't beep/alarm. I didn't go too far though but it was certainly outside the normal range for the keyless entry sensor to work.

Hi, I'm not sure what you are trying to prove really. Of course if you leave a car that has a start button with the keys in your pocket the engine will keep running. It's just the same as leaving the car running with the keys in the ignition, only with a start button once the car is stopped it will not restart. However with the keys in the ignition you can do what you like. So the issue is never leave the car with the engine running, full stop. Having said that mine bleeps several times and warning message comes up with something like 'no key detected in the vehicle'.

Soldato

I get a message and a warning beep when my keys are outside the door!

Back
Top Bottom