Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
First clean in 6 months.

KZzYIQO.jpg

Was covered in metal dust and filler dust and general grime and other debris, even overspray in places, so it was actually a fairly big job... :(

Snow foam
Wait
Rinse
More snow foam
Wait
Rinse (and repeat)
Two bucket wash
Rinse

Paintwork was still grainy and matte to the touch so I put on more snow foam and left it ages...
Rinse...
Two bucket wash

Still awful.

So spent an hour or so claying the whole car, including the glass.

Two bucket wash again.

Lovely!

Wet sanded, cut, and polished a couple of bits of overspray...

Black trim restorer applied, and spray wax. :)

Soldato
@oweneades that's a tasty setup

We all know about the M Lites but for pure thrills do you choose the abarth? ;)

Yep :)

During the week my wife uses it for her commute but I get to have a bit of tight B road fun at the weekend. :D

Compared to the 140 it feels like a small puppy barking "LOOK AT ME NOW, I AM SO FAST!"

Comparatively it isn't (although 7.3 ish to 60 is swift enough) but it is a right hoot to drive.

Soldato
Aoob.jpg

Somewhere in the woods.

Soldato
Nice car. How are you finding the X1? I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Really like it, handles nicely and feels solid. I checked out the Q3 and GLA before hand and it just felt a cut above those two.

Disappointed BMW refuse to accept android exists, but that doesn't effect the drive :p

Associate
Not overly keen on the Skoda Kodiaq exterior - especially that colour, but I made sure it's something you'll get used to, then again though it's probably not helped by my dislike of the whole SUV cult. Although I did drive one across the site I work at, only at ~20mph for a short distance (1.4TSI?) but it is nice inside, as you'd expect the interior has a huge resemblance to the rest of the VAG range.

Soldato
Surely auto hold is the button next to the parking brake?
Yes it is! I thought it was the stop start but then I have been informed it is indeed the auto hold! Now it's just like the Golf it replaced.
Not overly keen on the Skoda Kodiaq exterior - especially that colour, but I made sure it's something you'll get used to, then again though it's probably not helped by my dislike of the whole SUV cult. Although I did drive one across the site I work at, only at ~20mph for a short distance (1.4TSI?) but it is nice inside, as you'd expect the interior has a huge resemblance to the rest of the VAG range.
Its a Karoq so the slightly smaller SUV type thing Skoda do. Mines the 1.5tsi and its pretty nippy for what it is! Interior quality is spot on and will do the job for a few years on the cheap.

Soldato
For crying out loud, you full well know what the term means

I have 4 cars, many people do, this is the one I'll use as the workhorse. No, the workhorse is not a real animal in this case.

Boring day for the team today :)

Back
Top Bottom