Show Us Your Motors!

Mine, overclocked ;) mk2 C2 VTS

Remap, Kent cams, custom induction, lightened 140kg :D

VTS.jpg

Last edited:
Haha!! No carpets (2kg), headlining(3kg), AC & assoc pw(48kg), Spare wheel+cage and assoc metalwork(28kg), rear seats(27kg), mats (2kg), fogs (in pic but now gone! 3kg) Electric window shiz (27kg)

It makes 1 helluva difference to the acceleration :D

Always trying to get it lighter, but still have the ability to put it all back within 1 day if needed.

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

This is about right:-

For an explanation of how these figures are derived click here
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 150
Weight without Driver (KG) : 944
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 161.45
0 - 60 (Secs) : 6.77

Last edited:
Thanks :) Yes, although trying to get going fast from standstill is a trade of between bogging down at anything below 4000rpm - because of the cams, and sounding like a barry boy giving it more revs. Turning the ESP off helps ;)

True, my Saxo started to rust when it was 2 years old, my Clio started to rust at 3 years old, but its all good once the rust has done its work in 10 years time you will be left with a super light street racer consisting of the front wings and a fuel tank.

back in the 80s the french had an appalling reputation for corrusion (but then, who didn't), but come the 90s they sorted it out and lead the game.

seemed renault was the last to tackle the issue, but generally on a whole they sorted their game out a long time ago, far ahead of the likes of other manufacturers, who even today, seem to have serious issues still.

french cars have many issues, but body corrosion is not one of them.

back in the 80s the french had an appalling reputation for corrusion (but then, who didn't), but come the 90s they sorted it out and lead the game.

seemed renault was the last to tackle the issue, but generally on a whole they sorted their game out a long time ago, far ahead of the likes of other manufacturers, who even today, seem to have serious issues still.

french cars have many issues, but body corrosion is not one of them.

Saxo was a 98 so very late 90's and the clio was built late 2003, both had rust issues, in contrast my 99 built MX5 only had a very very slight bit on the rear arch, and my 2001 Passat is 100% rust free, not even a dot.

Saxo was a 98 so very late 90's and the clio was built late 2003, both had rust issues, in contrast my 99 built MX5 only had a very very slight bit on the rear arch, and my 2001 Passat is 100% rust free, not even a dot.

Galvanised steel for the win. I clipped a gatepost in the Bora and scratched the rear arch down to the metal. 6 months of scottish winter later - no rust. Most VW products are good against the evil rot - My old Mk2 Jetta had one tiny patch on the passenger door from a stonechip. The rest of the car was utterly solid and original after 14 years and 120k miles.

Back
Top Bottom