1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Us Your Motors!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Lopéz, Oct 18, 2002.

1. naefeart

Wise Guy

No, EVERYTHING on a Cayman is an optional extra. Makes getting the 'right' spec quite difficult unless all you want is the base car.

Mine is quite well specced for a Cayman, but is almost poverty spec compared to my Lexus ISF which had everything x2.

2. Dis86

Capodecina

Oh believe me, I know better than most. Hence why I have a white car when I really don't like white cars! The rest of the spec on it made it worth it though.

3. naefeart

Wise Guy

I almost gave in and got a white one, grew tired of holding out for the right spec. Luckily this one popped up at the local OPC. I don't like white cars as a rule, but Porsches actually look pretty good in white.

4. Dis86

Capodecina

That was the final thing for me. Because of the large number of contrasting sections on the Boxster it does work well in white. You got the spec list for yours? Would be interesting to have a neb!

5. naefeart

Wise Guy

Ah, you've got a 981 also. Good choice. I don't have the spec to hand, but it's something like:

Extended leather
    20'' Turbo alloys
    PDK
    PCM incl nav (why nav isn't standard with PCM I don't know)
    Sound Package Plus
    USB and AUX
    Dual Air con (why isn't this standard?)
    Bluetooth
    Dimming and Folding Mirrors
    Heated seats
    Multifunction Sports steering wheel
    Heated steering wheel
    Rear wiper

A couple more but I forget. Missing PSE but I could add it later. Honestly not sure it needs it

How does that compare to yours?

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  6. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

A45, had it a couple of weeks now, fully loaded (besides some cosmetics like aero). Cracking little car so far, also tuned to 430/400 so it doesn't hang about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Acme

Caporegime

Nice, very sleeper in leased A220 CDI AMG Line spec :p

Sure that will surprise a few people!

8. Dis86

Capodecina

PSE was on my must have list. It really is that good! Awesome that it can be retrofitted though.

Spec list on mine is pretty silly but it does miss things like the heated steering wheel which I would have liked.

[​IMG]

9. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

Yes lol, I'm not a fan of the aero kit personally.

It surprises me still :|

10. RSR

Sgarrista

There is nothing wrong with a white Cayman :p

I even paid for it to be white :(

11. RSR

Sgarrista

Nope, that's a £2XX option from memory to add a wiper. :D

12. Dis86

Capodecina

Lol. If you like white, you like white. Totally your taste. I don't, despite mine being white :p

However as nae said some cars look good in it. And boxsters and caymans do. Particularly gt4s.

13. RSR

Sgarrista

White tends to suite more curvey cars more IMO but its always subjective to a point.

Is yours a standard white or carrara metallic white as there is quiet a bit different between the two?

14. Dis86

Capodecina

Sadly mines just pure white. It was the sacrifice I had to make to get the spec I wanted without going new and the I wouldn't have paid what this cost new for the spec as that was 911 money.
    I do sometimes wish that I'd gone for the Cayman as it really did just have that extra edge on the handling (and in my opinion looks) but when you get a sunny day nothing beats having the top down, PSE active, sports mode and a good twisty road!

15. naefeart

Wise Guy

You have got a mighty spec there, so ignore the colour. I'd have liked the PASM, however luckily for me the ride is really good with 20s. As you say, I wouldn't have wanted to be the guy who optioned the car from new, just doesn't represent value.

16. Housey

Man of Honour

[​IMG]
    More R8 in empty car park.

17. cuke2u

Wise Guy

18. Dis86

Capodecina

The ride is outstanding. I came from a 6 series bmw with adaptive suspension and the damping is so much better in this. Spec is great but I'll remain jealous of your colour and heated steering wheel!
    Yours also has my favourite style of wheels.

How many times have you pulled past the pump when you've gone to fill it up? :p

19. Housey

Man of Honour

20. Acme

Caporegime

Hopefully thats rubbish and they just make it a V6 twin turbo with electric motors or something so it at least makes some noise!