1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Us Your Motors!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Lopéz, Oct 18, 2002.

1. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It seems like an ok one that though as it's about acceleration within a given gear rather than changing.

2. Howard

Capodecina

I know, it's better than the 'pulls like a train' one. But.. Oh nevermind, this is such a petty debate :D

3. grudas

Capodecina

was at tunerfest in brands hatch on sunday! so s2k had to be behind :D

4. Alibaba99

Wise Guy

Magazines have always tested both acceleration in a fixed gear, normally in 20mph increments and starting from a low rpm in each gear and the 30-70 increment through the gears so starting in the most sensible gear and changing up as required.

5. Howard

Capodecina

I know exactly what it means. It just come across a a bit of a funny phrase to me, much like "sleep like a baby", or the aforementioned "pulls like a train". Anyway let's not clutter this thread up even further. :)

6. paradigm

Caporegime

The one I’ve never understood is “get along like a house on fire”. Is that meant to be a good thing? :confused:

7. Acme

Caporegime

A house fire "gets along" rather swiftly. I.e it catches and spreads very quickly and rapidly becomes more and more intense. So the phrase makes sense to me.

Sleep like a baby is the one that doesn't make sense to me... Sleep like an old man would make more sense. Babies sodding cry at every which what hour of the night and morning.

8. Steedie

Man of Honour

[​IMG]

Was in an empty car park, had to get a photo :p

Had the ceramic coating topped up and some Evo X4 applied on top. The paint just looks so good now.

9. Acme

Caporegime

Do like. Very nice. Beautifully deep colour too.

10. LEUVEN

Hitman

Does
    Doesn't seem natural, has it been edited?

11. Steedie

Man of Honour

I just added a warm filter to the picture to make the sky pop a bit more. That’s it though

12. Jumper118

Mobster

you can tell, looks like an Instagram filter.

13. Tauren

Capodecina

Lovely ! Did you go for Gtechniq? I had that put on followed by two coats of the evo x4 stuff over the top. Haven’t cleaned mine in a month and it still looks great.

14. Steedie

Man of Honour

It’s just the warm filter built in to the camera app on the iPhone.

Yeah it’s got the Crystal Serum coating on it, originally applied in January but as I was having the bonnet redone, he did me a favour and topped it all up and then put some Evo X4 on top. Really is good stuff

15. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Time to put it up for sale

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

Spent all day Saturday looking at Mitos and Giuliettas after decided all the Focii and Fiestas in my budget were boring or dogs and ended up with this.

The bumper paint mismatch is visible in this pic, and I decided it was way less offensive than the multiple deep scratches, dents other obvious mistreatment I'd seen on the other 6/7 cars I'd seen that day so I went for it. It seems the red on these is quite prone to chipping and the others I looked at had this evident so I can see why the bumpers have been painted. The mismatch is less visible in person imo, and I'm hoping a proper polish will help even it up.

For a ten year old car it's as close to perfect as you could ask for honestly and I'm right chuffed. One tiny dent to rear quarter, one mark on the passenger side door card, all four wheels immaculate.

26.5k miles!

Dad's happy enough, Alfas all over the place in our family. He used to race them and has had many on the road. Currently got some ridiculous 156 tuned up and supercharged by Engstler making silly power. Mum's got one, sister's had loads.. I was the last one resisting and now I'm in the fold.

[​IMG]

17. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I always liked the look of the Mito, what’s the interior like?

18. Rroff

Man of Honour

I'm still kind of tempted by the Giulia Quadrifoglio but not enough to spend upwards of £60K on one :s

19. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

It's ok. The styling is nice, it looks good. But coming from a Saab 9-3 it's really basic. The Saab has dual zone climate, all the switchgear feels nice and so on, this just has three knobs for the AC which feel quite cheap. It's a supermini and it feels like one, but it's the Veloce spec so it's quite nice. There's a little arm rest but things like cup holders are the bare minimum, there's a pretty shallow one and that's it apart from the little lumpy bits in the door pockets.

I'm about 5'8" maybe 5'9" so pretty average, a little bit short, I feel like if I was very short or tall I might have trouble getting comfy as there's no reach adjustment on the steering wheel but as it happens I can get nice and comfy.

And it's an Alfa so it squeaks and creaks, it's got a bit of a cheap and basic feel to it but it's nice to look at.

It's a really nice drive though and has a bit of zip to it, it's a small car so the 155bhp feels like plenty. It's not as quick as my 182 was but there's plenty of poke for such a little car.

I drove a Giulietta as well but I didn't like it as much. It felt like a 'better' car but I wasn't feeling it for some reason. When I first started looking I was hunting for a Giulietta but as it happened I felt a bit more drawn to the Mito. Don't really need the extra space and all the Giuliettas I found were 2l diesels and for whatever reason I felt more drawn towards a petrol car this time around. I felt a bit more at home in the Mito as well.

20. Rossi~

Capodecina

There's one park next to my work. I walk in with a semi EVERY DAY.