Show Us Your Motors!

Permabanned
Picked up a cheap lease for 2 years while electric cars mature a bit/more choice arrives.

What is this beast I hear you ask!? That my friends is nothing less than an a Vauxhall Astra 1.6T 16V 200 Elite Nav 5dr

Its actually not as bad as I thought it would be, quite nippy (200PS/197BHP), all the mod cons such as as steering wheel, gear stick, windows, even has a fully functioning boot you can put stuff in. :eek:

5uwHwCk.jpg

Soldato
It has actually quite a lot of toys, such as rear heated seats.

Also, chroniclard, check that the menu option for automatic heating of the front seats is switched on (it's off by default). Once set, they will come on in cold weather and then switch themselves off (in stages, as appropriate). You never need to even touch the button. A simple idea, but very well executed and actually not that common. :)

Permabanned
It has actually quite a lot of toys, such as rear heated seats.

Also, chroniclard, check that the menu option for automatic heating of the front seats is switched on (it's off by default). Once set, they will come on in cold weather and then switch themselves off (in stages, as appropriate). You never need to even touch the button. A simple idea, but very well executed and actually not that common. :)

Ah nice, did try the heated seats(and heated wheel) when it was 30 degrees outside, kids highly amused. :p

Joking aside, its not a bad little car for the money with an ok kit level, surprisingly enjoyable to drive and comfy enough.

Also think the infotainment system is better than our ex 3 Series. Will clay, polish and wax it then not touch it for 2 years. :)

Man of Honour
200 bhp is a nice amount for a small hatch. You'll be surprising older Civic Type R's if you catch them out of the right gear.

Yeah previous generation performance hatches rarely had more than 200BHP though obviously going to be some complexities there in terms of weight and actual ability to put power down.

Man of Honour
Bathing in Vitamin D :cool:

20190704_162014.jpg

Man of Honour
I always said the E46 was timeless inside and out!

@geekman how long have you had that? Also tell me that's not your pool, also, when can I Eurotunnel it over for a splash? :D

Funny story, I went go karting with a mate yesterday evening, parked up in the nearly empty karting arena apart from a group already driving in the circuit. Maybe 10 cars total outside with a possible 100 or so spaces. I park next to mate's car,a shiny grey Panamera, totally clean.

We have 2x 15 minute races after debriefings etc. Total time inside maybe 1hr. Come outside to leave and see ABSOLUTE LASHINGS of bird poo all over my car. It was unreal. That evening I jetwashed the scum off but some of the dollops on the bonnet were so severe I had to pour boiling hot kettle water over it before the pressure washer (115 bar might I add) could shove it off. Mate's car had no bird poo on it whatsoever. This was a deliberately targeted onslaught by those absolute poo units otherwise known as seagulls.

I was in a great mood as well having beaten my mate's average lap times, but then drove home absolutely furious.

Worst of all those birds were sat on the roof of the arena looking and ka-kaaing away. I hate them, they are my worst enemy now and I hope one day when I die I come back as an Eagle or something so I can beak every single seagull I see into the sea.

Back
Top Bottom