Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
Nürburgring visit last week for a short holiday with a mate. Annoyingly it was high 30's so pretty unbearable with hardly any shade where you want it and no air con in the house!

Mine and his car (M2 LCI) at the house sunbathing.

3xu84QD.jpg

The view from my room. I mainly go out there for the scenery, vibe and to chill out now, the track has become more of a secondary interest. Even the GP circuit was only configured for the short track, boo!

hKZzqqF.jpg

Everyone does this now, right?

zaXToBT.jpg

2WXI0RA.jpg

We tried to stay in the searing heat at Brünnchen to watch the instruction that was going on, we had to walk up the hill to get in the shade. It was unbearable without shade!

zawohVT.jpg

Obligatory on track pic. My time only around 9 minutes as I don't really push it on the 'ring and with the track temperature being close to 60 degrees the AD08R's were starting to struggle a little. Lots of tyre wear over one lap compared to say when it's 20 degrees so I didn't fancy doing too many laps at 25 Euros a pop. I do have a second pic I bought but they've not sent it though yet, will add later.

View attachment LFiCJCt.jpg

On to Bruges (if you haven't been, go!) while my mate went to the F1, I think the car was relieved to be underground for a few days!

l7nGExz.jpg

And back in the garage. I'll be bringing it out again this week or this weekend to give it a good wash. And while it's out, I'll sort the garage out as it seems to be breeding clutter in there.

ZbFq4nb.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'll be bringing it out again this week or this weekend to give it a good wash.

I dunno if it is more general across the UK but seems to be a losing battle with dust at the moment here in the South West - I washed mine a couple of days ago and it is already caked in thick dust and noticed colleagues and relatives cars are the same.

Man of Honour
I dunno if it is more general across the UK but seems to be a losing battle with dust at the moment here in the South West - I washed mine a couple of days ago and it is already caked in thick dust and noticed colleagues and relatives cars are the same.
My issue is that I'm on a new build estate, and while it's nearly completed, there seems to be loads of dust that settles on the BMW. It also makes its way into the garage. Will definitely give them both a good going over!

I would wash it sooner but I only got back yesterday, I'm working from home now and then I'm away for the week in the BMW at a customer site, so little time!

Soldato
Hmmm

So I need to dig out some old family photos. In 1990 my Dad bought a red 325i touring and I spent a few years of my childhood in the back of it. That number plate looks eerily familiar. Did a 5 year old me throw up in the back of acme's car? Maybe....
Other than pee I bet that's the only other bodily fluid in the back of that car :D

Caporegime
Hmmm

So I need to dig out some old family photos. In 1990 my Dad bought a red 325i touring and I spent a few years of my childhood in the back of it. That number plate looks eerily familiar. Did a 5 year old me throw up in the back of acme's car? Maybe....

The original plate for this one is H120 JPA, I'm afraid H950 DUF was only issued somewhen in the past 5 years or so after a private plate was removed.

This would be superb. @Acme you got the list of past owners?

Sadly not, but also see above.

Other than pee I bet that's the only other bodily fluid in the back of that car :D

Of course! The Volvo is the womanizer! ;)

Soldato
Picked up a 330i today:

2BmB4DL.jpg.png

4UYywz7.jpg.png

Already covered 150 miles and it's running well.

It's a 330i auto, SE, just a couple of options I think (xenons and folding mirrors).

This is the N52 270bhp variant of the straight six. Quite a comfortable and refined ride.

Soldato
the N52 engine is brilliant, just make sure it gets long runs here and there, as the lifters can get ticky with short runs.

It seems to be a good engine thus far, I know the N53 and onwards had some slightly increased reliability issues (not that any of them are perfect, of course), so this one stood out to me as the one to go for, and save a few quid too.

Gave it a good motorway blast yesterday but thanks for the tip, something to keep in mind as my commute is c.10 miles of A road...

OcUK Staff
Haha gibbo what a legend.

If I get one shall have to get it a YEL plate too. :D

A great car, weaker than the 172 Cup in many ways, thought both have high upright seating positions, though the 500 is worse and that is with the proper buckets, regular seats are woeful, but the 500 is also better in many ways too and I like how cool and retro they can be and how they can be customised so much. Other option is a green Scirroco, technically a better car, probably go 2.0TSi DSG, but maybe also a bit boring driving wise and very similar to my Golf R but not as good though the Golf R was just too easy.

To be honest there are a lot of better cars, Fiesta ST, a more modern Renault, but none of them seem to have that emotion like the 500 does.

Soldato
Has to be an abarth.

Slow cars can be driven faster and more on the limit at slow speeds = fun.

Fast cars you really have to be driving at a vast speed to start hitting their limit which you can't really do this day and age.

Get the abarth!

OcUK Staff
Has to be an abarth.

Slow cars can be driven faster and more on the limit at slow speeds = fun.

Fast cars you really have to be driving at a vast speed to start hitting their limit which you can't really do this day and age.

Get the abarth!

Yes it is why I got the 458 as it was the most engaging of the super cars whilst still at legal speeds, but still as capable of the others at the higher speeds, just more fear and feels more you, rather than the car.

Abarth is favourite, other favourite is a Scirroco 2.0TSi simply because DSG and overall comfort is better, gonna try to get a more extended test drive. Abarth does have that special feeling though which most modern cars simply fail to have these days.

Back
Top Bottom