Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Yeah thats a great colour.

I can't decide whether to get the black grills or not. 50/50 at the moment as I actually don't mind the chrome against the blue paint.

I see what you mean. The chrome is nice with the blue, but on the side profile the door surrounds and mirror bottoms are black, so i'd be tempted to do the grille and the wing vents black to match. Maybe.

Soldato
It's a honda accord euro r. Something which in its time, exclusive to the Japanese domestic market. It was the equivalent of the Honda accord type r ch1 which was in the UK/European domestic market.

I know nothing about these... There's a newer shape that should be around the same price isn't there?

What's the specs on yours?

I shouldn't comment when I've paid over the odds for a 15 year old Subaru :p

jD9XfFS.jpg

Spent all day on this... Wash, clay, polish and wax. Not bad for it's age :)

Need to get a wheel refurb booked in though.

Soldato
I know nothing about these... There's a newer shape that should be around the same price isn't there?

The CL7 is the newer shape, that has the 2.0 k20 type r engine and 6 speed box + lsd. Round about 220ps. It costs about £2k more on average. Though it's difficult to distinguish that it's a type r model. Looks very similar to the UK type s model.

This has the 2.2 h22 engine and 5 speed box + lsd. Round about 220ps.

Interiors don't vastly differ between the two. Same recaros, etc

It's an old car, but I've always been fond of the accord type r range.

Caporegime
Nice, I do like 197's :) Seriously considered getting one a while back.

Is it just me or do you not see many in red? I remember them being mostly blue, yellow, white or green. With a few silver or black thrown in.

Soldato
I believe there were only 72 red F1 teams or something?

Not many of these up here, in fact, this might be the only F1 Team I have seen local to me. There was only 500 of them made. Even regular 197's are pretty infrequent around here.

Soldato
Same here, but I always blame Gran Turismo for making me like so much JDM. Totally forgot about the split between CH1 and CL1. I remember seeing a black CH1 daily, but haven't for sometime now. :(

I felt that the ch1 was a better set up chassis compared to the cl1. Felt more rigid.

Ch1s are getting very rare now, most have been broken for spares. The ones which do exist don't get used on a daily basis if at all. Great cars imo for their hey day.

Soldato

jD9XfFS.jpg

Spent all day on this... Wash, clay, polish and wax. Not bad for it's age :)

Need to get a wheel refurb booked in though.
Is that the legacy GT spec b? Only came across them a few months ago and fell in love since. Been keeping an eye out for the sti version since

Man of Honour
I can't decide whether to get the black grills or not. 50/50 at the moment as I actually don't mind the chrome against the blue paint.

Both would look good IMO - for me the silver kind of upholds the "premium" look and feel whereas black would make it look more purposeful. I guess the black would be more "correct" for the M badge ethos but I like the silver it gives a good balance.

Soldato
Popped down to Biddenden to buy some cider, but really I was just after an excuse to go for a drive; didn't get up early enough for the usual Sunday morning blast.

iltEhSt.jpg.png

tawr3tf.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom