Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Fair enough, just seems like a lot of compromises to live with vs the UK car.

only the infotaiment really, which is outdated anyway so little use bar AC controls and Audio.

rest is very much like uk car other than some nice little gadgets/things that japanese market would get.. and it's a big more "exclusive/cool" in his case.

Soldato
Not sure there are any in this case. Celsior was always the cheap mans way into the Lexus back in the day when they were reasonably current, grey imports were much cheaper than an LS400. Almost always you'd see them re-badged as Lexus.

Soldato
So what are these exclusive things that the japanese cars got that we didn't?

several major differences when it comes to options. the Celsior came in 3 basic trims: A, B, and C, with C being the most highly optioned. the Celsior was available with radar cruise control heated reclining and massaging REAR seats, an interior air purification system (the Japanese smoke a lot), the front passenger seat backrest had a pass-through that allowed the passenger behind to fully extend their legs and rest them on the seat cushion of the front passenger seat, the back seat also has audio controls, and they had air suspension

also heard of different diffs etc..

Not sure there are any in this case. Celsior was always the cheap mans way into the Lexus back in the day when they were reasonably current, grey imports were much cheaper than an LS400. Almost always you'd see them re-badged as Lexus.

as above depends on the trim etc.. trim A was very basic yes but C was higher trim than LS400 in uk I believe.

Soldato
IMG-20190909-161158-500.jpg

Just a photo taken by a guy when I attended our local supermarket meet.

Caporegime
What are the main differences?

Badging/branding, parking pole, air purifier, air suspension standard (now replaced with coilovers), very subtly different lights front and rear. This is one of the higher spec JDM ones.

Really I didn't buy it because it is an import, it just happened to be one. I was going to buy a bone stock '91 LS400 but it sold before I could collect it.

No massage seats. Heated seats and electric everything seats yes.

Back
Top Bottom