Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
The pre-facelift came with body colour skirts and imo they look much worse. The black roof and skirts really pinches the whole car in and improves it’s stance / presence dramatically. Same for the Evora.

There was no facelift, it is options. Yes the 458 had updates but nothing official:
2010 - Launch, best sounding as car burbles a lots more and even pops on over run and the DCT is very raw and aggressive.
2011 - engine map was fine tuned, less burbles, no pops and the transmission in late 2011 had new software as there were cases of gear boxes eating themselves so the transmission was updated and made smoother.
2012 - The magnetic suspension went from per axle control to each corner control allowing it to manipulate the suspension independently at each corner and at Ferrari's test track resulted in over a second per lap faster.

In short the car received updates, these updates cannot be done to an older car for whatever reason, either its physical not possible or just Ferrari being not so kind and just wanting customers to buy newer cars, but in fairness I've driven every year of 458 and yes earlier 2010 cars sound different and later 2011/12 cars certainly shift smoother and nicer for sure, upshifts still jolt in the newer cars but they do not upset the balance of the car whereas the older pre-updated DCT could do so.

Mine has the black lower skirts, thats an option, not a facelift thing.
The car I find looks really odd also has the lower carbon side bits too and a black matt roof and anthracite wheels and the car just looks to me terrible even though they are minor things for me they totally spoil the car.

I am lucky to have a 2014 car as it means I get the bonus of free services until 2021 also as all new Ferrari's come with a 7yr service pack on the car. :)

OcUK Staff
Hang on, on that one with the carbon side skirts, are the rear wheels smaller than the front wheels..?

Nope, 458 runs same size diameter wheel all round, just rears are wider, will just be your eye site or some form of optical illusion, it looks fine to me apart from it looking fussy.

OcUK Staff
How you getting on with the Abarth?

Water pump on my 2018 is leaking coolant so in the midst of a fight with Abarth to get it replaced under warranty as it's only covered 28000 miles.

I really like it, simply because its a fun thing to drive, yes much faster hot hatches on market and better handling ones, but this thing just has an old school vibe too it and the mechanical differential (performance pack) vastly improves the cars handling and traction.

No major issues, drop link, wheel bearing, both sorted under warranty, on 52,000 miles now, picked it up for 11k last year after a lot of hunting as not so many yellow ones with performance pack, 7" nav screen and xenons, plus yellow brake calipers and decals. Only thing missing was beats and alarm, so I fitted kenwood sub and infinity speakers plus a thatcham cat1 alarm.

For a city car it is damn quick, surprises a lot of people but its near 200HP and weighs a tonne. :)

Associate
I really like it, simply because its a fun thing to drive, yes much faster hot hatches on market and better handling ones, but this thing just has an old school vibe too it and the mechanical differential (performance pack) vastly improves the cars handling and traction.

No major issues, drop link, wheel bearing, both sorted under warranty, on 52,000 miles now, picked it up for 11k last year after a lot of hunting as not so many yellow ones with performance pack, 7" nav screen and xenons, plus yellow brake calipers and decals. Only thing missing was beats and alarm, so I fitted kenwood sub and infinity speakers plus a thatcham cat1 alarm.

For a city car it is damn quick, surprises a lot of people but its near 200HP and weighs a tonne. :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Which alarm did you go for in the end? I've got the Pandora (would not get this again) but use a Stop Lock too.

Was in Mangolestsi yesterday - they have the new 695 in but want £32k for it. Its no different to the Comp bar the bodykit.

OcUK Staff
Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Which alarm did you go for in the end? I've got the Pandora (would not get this again) but use a Stop Lock too.

Was in Mangolestsi yesterday - they have the new 695 in but want £32k for it. Its no different to the Comp bar the bodykit.

Just a regular Clifford Thatcham cat1, nothing special but accepted by insurance, also Stop Lock too, if they want a car they will take it, but they will always take the easier car and as all Abarths come with no security they are very easy to steal as they come from factory.

These cars are over priced full stop new, it is a Fiat 500 end of day and anyone dropping 32k on one is absolutely lost a few marbles, plus I think the new 695 looks terrible, the best version I feel is the Biposto (spelling) with sequential box, though not great as a daily.
As second hand buys they are great though I feel if you want something that is fun and being a tall car with the rear seats folds it can carry quite a bit of stuff too.

Associate
Just a regular Clifford Thatcham cat1, nothing special but accepted by insurance, also Stop Lock too, if they want a car they will take it, but they will always take the easier car and as all Abarths come with no security they are very easy to steal as they come from factory.

These cars are over priced full stop new, it is a Fiat 500 end of day and anyone dropping 32k on one is absolutely lost a few marbles, plus I think the new 695 looks terrible, the best version I feel is the Biposto (spelling) with sequential box, though not great as a daily.
As second hand buys they are great though I feel if you want something that is fun and being a tall car with the rear seats folds it can carry quite a bit of stuff too.

A few people on the OC on FB have bought the 696 at £32k but I imagine prices will fall a fair bit - I agree the bodykit is marmite. I'm looking to change my 145 for a Comp in the next few months. You got a bargain with yours.

OcUK Staff
A few people on the OC on FB have bought the 696 at £32k but I imagine prices will fall a fair bit - I agree the bodykit is marmite. I'm looking to change my 145 for a Comp in the next few months. You got a bargain with yours.

Yes I drove the 145 and felt it was a nice car and maybe a touch softer which is welcomed as you know they are firm. The extra power you do notice but not as much as you think, but I cannot repeat how much you should aim for a Performance Pack car, I had the 145 for half a day as maybe it was because I pulled up in the Ferrari but Fiat literally just gave me the keys so me and my Mrs drove it like we stole it and the pretend electronic differential could be felt grabbing an inside brake and to be honest I disliked it, yes it works but it feels very strange, whereas with the PP car there is none of that you use the power and the diff to extra traction and thus you can turn more aggressively and be more aggressive with the power, it makes it a lot more fun. So I really recommend PP car or if you don't get one consider fitting a mechanical diff as a modification, it is more beneficial than say a remap in driving pleasure.

Permabanned
the best colour for the beemer

35051656_10215985245763653_6168981936652943360_o.jpg

OcUK Staff
The sun came out so picked the car up today, the paint is absolutely exploding and I also saw another 458 in red too first time seeing another on the road for me and the sound was glorious, gonna do the exhaust mod on mine maybe tomorrow if good weather holds up.

B46FEE97-0B88-48B3-A512-8E7851872AA5.jpeg

Manage to keep it spotless on drive home and it’s now safe in the garage waiting for more nice weather. :)

Back
Top Bottom