Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
I predict you keeping the Exige and flipping the Emira within 6 months. Or selling the Exige and Ferrari which we know combines into a …. 675LT.

Mclarens do nothing for me, I respect their ability and if I was to buy one it would be a 600LT or 765LT but I’d rather my slower 458 over them both. I’ve only pootled around in a 600LT but at slow speeds I found it a total none event. I’ve driven a 720S hard on road and it was never enjoyable unless you really pedalled it and I don’t need to tell you how fast you’d be going, needless to say just to good to be any fun on road. 570S was the best of them on road and I’ve driven on circuit but again just felt cold. I’d love to like them as owning an Aston, Lotus and Mclaren would for sure be supporting the home team but saying that I’m not that fond of new Aston stuff either, Lotus is still surprisingly old school and very enjoyable at more sensible legal speeds.

Ferrari are so good at what they do in that they are able to make their cars fun on the road whilst also remaining very capable on track, plus Ferrari hospitality is unrivalled. As such I’ve never had a V12 and well Ferrari make the best V12 so an F12 or 812 is certainly on the list as a future car:

Who cares if a McLaren is faster or a 911 Turbo laps faster, just listen to it and look at how short the gearing is and how fast it revs. FUN FUN FUN!

OcUK Staff
Someone snapped it at the Autobrite meet yesterday:

20E3D840-9D80-49EB-9A1B-E971051158F8.jpeg

The sound through tunnels is insane, cannot way to remove the roof and to be able to truly hear it. :D

OcUK Staff
I think the Exige deserves a WTF plate surely? :p

Also, I vote we get together to help Gibbo’s car buying issue. Either as an intervention or to build another garage.

The Lotus has come with a private plate, admittedly I did not realise it was a private plate until it was pointed out to me, now it makes sense, as AV20 means 20th anniversary and of course LOT means Lotus. So might as well leave it there.
I think the Porsche is a real keeper, the way that thing drives and how every control feels just so natural, its totally telepathic in the way it communicates and how the controls are weighted.

Gibbo needs a bigger house/garage by the looks of it, with the cars he has

The house is two big for the two of us, but yes the garage needs to get bigger, converting it into a triple has been delayed, the parts were ordered and paid for back in September, but the latest ETA is now end of this month, shortages so until the parts arrive the build cannot start. Then once that is done I plan to either extend on the other side to make it into a quadruple garage or build an undercover car port for two cars at the side of the house next year.

The biggest problem we have found, to move out of our current house which is unique with the amount of land and driveway space it has we would need to buy a properly at around or close to a million in value to get the land and garage size we want, the house next to us for example has 7 bedrooms and is around 700k yet it has no garage, just out buildings, our other potential idea for the future is to simply buy a run down property on a great plot or buy a plot of land and build our own house, then we can go grand designs and also build a huge 4-6 car garage, but that is huge job to undertake and plan. So to put it bluntly we love where we live now, its rural without been too rural and the house is a good size that allows us to have guest staying over and the driveway could probably fit 13-15 cars at a push, so just for two people its more than big enough, the issue is me and my stupid car buying habits. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom