Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
The black wheels have grown on me a bit (possibly due to them not being gloss black and having purchased specific products for them), but I will still be changing them to the alternate Ferric grey colour when I get round to it (just not sure when this will be as have been pondering it since I got the car last Feb).

20220113161605-1291e1c4.jpg
Just to add, those are fantastic wheels.

Associate
Just to add, those are fantastic wheels.

It's booked in for the colour change, BMW Ferric Grey is what's been confirmed. In some of the pictures like the one I posted they appear lighter than others which is possibly due to part of them being diamond cut (which I haven't opted for), I will see soon enough and they can always be changed again in future :).

Soldato
It's booked in for the colour change, BMW Ferric Grey is what's been confirmed. In some of the pictures like the one I posted they appear lighter than others which is possibly due to part of them being diamond cut (which I haven't opted for), I will see soon enough and they can always be changed again in future :).

Ferric is the colour of the wheels on my 440i GC (though diamond cut on the face), coming from Orbit on my previous 430i GC:

Xpo3g4I.jpg

Well, the Mineral Grey LCI 430i GC with 15k miles has gone to WBAC, to make way for something QUITE different! WBAC were offering really strong money (infact, i got £200 more than my dad bought this car for at 6 months old and it's now nearly 3 years old). This was over a grand more than the dealer could get to on part ex.

I loved the 430i GC, the form factor is really fantastic, and a quick sit inside an m4 competition ruled them out (my fiancée is rather vertically challenged, and the single-piece seats in the m4 comp are completely the wrong shape to the point she can't sit even slightly normally!), so I kept my eye out for something else.

I then saw a bizarrely cheap AUC car come up that was actually below trade price for some reason, I managed to get my deposit down within a few minutes of it going on the site. All the history stacks up, and the condition is really fantastic.

So, I present - a mineral grey, LCI 440i with 15k miles. It cost me under £1200 to change, which is a ridiculous bargain, in my view, especially given the better spec and getting some more warranty too!

2018, 15k miles, I'm the second owner. M plus pack with ferric grey 704m (my 430 was orbit grey so they were darker), dynamic pack (active suspension and variable sports steering), oyster interior, harmon kardon, digital cockpit, HUD, high beam assist memory seats etc:

t1JBkOQ.jpg

slxGprY.jpg

5BG5MyC.jpg

XTmPX6L.jpg

wna8Rpr.jpg

JbEfF7e.jpg

yXtmM97.jpg

jQHm7Jd.jpg

The engine is absolutely amazing (to me), and it is SO much quicker than the paper 0.8 to 60 difference would imply. The digital cockpit and HUD make a huge difference too, feels far more modern, and the oyster interior is really lovely. The car is in extremely good condition, too!

Next step, MPPSK to take it to >360bhp and give it a bit more of an interesting exhaust note :)[/QUOTE]

Soldato
2010 335i (DCT) has been SORN'd after 8 years and 73,000 miles.

2016 F80 M3 has arrived, with lots of bells and whistles. (Grigio Telesto Pearl Grey)

GfSIbM3l.jpg

Soldato
Got my Z4 back after it being in at my local BMW indy to get a new electric water pump and thermostat fitted after the notorious N52 water pump failure reared its head. Had them fit a new oil filter housing and carry out an Inspection 1. The final bill was considerable but worthwhile IMO.

Pleased to get her back, couldn't resist putting the hood down on the drive back. Thank goodness for heated seats and wooly hats!! :D

IMG-20220121-140205.jpg

IMG-20220121-140212.jpg

Soldato
Grigio Testicle Pearl Grey?

Seeing my GP about that...

Why the downgrade to a M3 from a mighty 335i?

Far from a downgrade? Two very different cars. The 335i has the same box though different software and less customisation. Suspension and brakes with a bit of money would make it something completely different. (Neither of these cars are stock)

Back
Top Bottom