Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
PXL-20221207-130002505.jpg

be chill its chrome

Last edited:
Soldato
Posting Black wheels on this forum? You are brave! :p

Absolutely love this, lovely colour too.

I'm blue
Da ba dee da ba di…
Unfortunately, the only choice we got was black wheels. I don't really like them either, I'd prefer something lighter. But, that can wait until they need refurbishment.
On the plus side, at least they aren't diamond cut.

Soldato
Unfortunately, the only choice we got was black wheels. I don't really like them either, I'd prefer something lighter. But, that can wait until they need refurbishment.
On the plus side, at least they aren't diamond cut.

I’m not in the Black Wheel hate camp!

It’s a shame they aren’t your preference and that the choice was limited but as you mentioned least you have the option of changing if you don’t warm you them, the alloy design suits the car 100%.

Agree (Despite having) Diamond Cut really do not age well and find if they aren’t kept relatively clean throughout winter the salt starts to eat them alive!

Looking forward to the early drive shots you capture whilst the rest of us sleep anyway :D

OcUK Staff
All about Volcano red.

PcjQlsR.jpg

Very nice but it don't look volcano red to me unless its the lighting but in that kind of lighting volcano red is really sparkle and bright and Mclaren don't release paint codes hence I cannot even get a touch up pen for my car until the body shop needs to repair a volcano red car at which point they promised to throw me some in a pot, lol.

Is that the V12 Aston?

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nice but it don't look volcano red to me unless its the lighting but in that kind of lighting volcano red is really sparkle and bright and Mclaren don't release paint codes hence I cannot even get a touch up pen for my car until the body shop needs to repair a volcano red car at which point they promised to throw me some in a pot, lol.

Is that the V12 Aston?

It's def the lighting. I'm confused with the McLaren comment, Aston do a Volcano Red as well? Unless I'm misunderstanding!!

Yes it's the V12!

OcUK Staff
It's def the lighting. I'm confused with the McLaren comment, Aston do a Volcano Red as well? Unless I'm misunderstanding!!

Yes it's the V12!

Mclaren don't release paint codes so their paints are unique to them. Means the colours are totally unique to Mclaren and only Mclaren can carry out repairs etc. Annoying when you need a touch up pen though.

Be interesting to see the Aston and Mclaren in the flesh next to each other to see if there is any difference as they may only be the same by name is what I mean.
It looks like the one I had a go in at Oulton Park, DB11 that was, fantastic mid-range torque! :)

Do Aston Martin sell touch up pens in that colour do you know? Might be a solution for me. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Must be one of the first GR86's to be on the road? Didn't these sell out in 45 minutes? I bet the waiting list is massive for one now!
90 minutes if the number they keep banging on about. Think there were a couple of other people who've picked them up now. But there's lots more people who were told their cars would be arriving at the dealers last week, ready for collection this week, and they haven't turned up. Toyota UK really have mishandled the logistics of the entire thing.
I was one of the lucky ones - my car arrived at the dealer last Friday ready for collection on Tuesday, but even that had to be postponed a day due to a technical issue with being able to sign off the certificate of conformity needed for registration.

Back
Top Bottom