Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
600 LT: Lap time wise its in a different league, it made my GT3 look slow, the ability is uncanny and it is fun to drive, but again it gets mega expensive very fast, your talking an average of £2000 per track day with inspections, fuel, consumables etc, maybe as high as £3000 as such I don't track it as much simply due to associated cost of doing so, inspections, brakes, insurance etc.
Is that due to the warranty or insurance or do you just to it for your own peace of mind (the inspections)?

OcUK Staff
Is that due to the warranty or insurance or do you just to it for your own peace of mind (the inspections)?

Yes to maintain extended warranty which cost £4600 for two years you should have a pre and post inspection, which ends up costing around £500 for both for every track event. There is then the cost of brakes, the stock pads are good for only 1-2 track days in the front at most, sometimes just one, rear pads 2-3 as factory pads are made of chocolate, about £2000 for a set. Then risk of damage to the disc.

Obviously I insure as well with an insurer who includes track cover which cost a premium for peace of mind.

Anyway with seriously deep pockets wishing to track a McLaren often and regular Surface Transform and Pagid pads is way forward, will cost about £20,000 to do but the disc last a lot longer and can be re-surfaced and the pads would no doubt then last 5-6 track days at a time. However it can get a little boring if your the fastest on track by some margin, also if something goes wrong your travelling so much quicker, by comparison the 600 LT is pulling nearly 150mph on same back straight. :eek:

Also I love the way it looks too much and track work does harm the paint and PPF, again very expensive to get sorted on a McLaren due to them using special paints and only a few bodyshop having paint codes and knowing how to do it, so a front-end re-spray is not the usual few hundred quid, it is several thousand, McLaren quoted me like £11,000.

In short as fast and as much fun as it is if you want to play on track you gotta pay. :)
In the end if delivers no more fun than a Caterham, it is just vastly quicker and a lot more expensive, lovely to be able to experience it though.

IIRC you have to have a pre and post track day inspection does in order to maintain the warranty.

Correct, cost circa £250 a time. For someone to kick the tyres. It is a total joke to be honest as it takes the same time as an MOT which cost only £50............
I've done I think 4 or 5 track days in mine now, feel I've explored its abilities fully and now will just enjoy it as an awesome road car which it is.

If ever I’m in the market for a sports car with a roof I’d definitely be test driving the Alpine! Sounds brilliant.

They are!
A110 epic road car!
A110S same, just more sorted for track.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Correct, cost circa £250 a time. For someone to kick the tyres. It is a total joke to be honest as it takes the same time as an MOT which cost only £50............

That's putting it very politely to say the least. I had a look at the sheet they use when I had mine done and... yeah. An absolutely ludicrous way for the dealers to make obscene profit from those of us who want to take these cars on track. They even insist on this for the Pure McLaren track days where you've got engineers on hand to assist with things! That said, it is better to have the option to get rinsed this way than the alternative of just giving up your warranty by taking it on track...

OcUK Staff
That's putting it very politely to say the least. I had a look at the sheet they use when I had mine done and... yeah. An absolutely ludicrous way for the dealers to make obscene profit from those of us who want to take these cars on track. They even insist on this for the Pure McLaren track days where you've got engineers on hand to assist with things! That said, it is better to have the option to get rinsed this way than the alternative of just giving up your warranty by taking it on track...

Yeah it is why Porsche do so well, none of this nonsense with any Porsche under extended warranty.
Ferrari do the track events too, again no such inspections required but I cannot sing any praises regarding Ferrari warranty as it cost more and covers less at least in my experience McLaren extended warranty has been good and paid out now for several items, including wear and tear parts.

Soldato
Your wheels don't fit your car, your tyres don't fit your wheels, and the wheels are the wrong colour and/or also don't exist possibly because they are invisible.

Just getting in there early. :p
imagine how much better it would look with wheels. Black wheels in general should be banned/made illegal and most owners should get s59

Soldato
They are no longer black ;)

Huge improvement. Couldnt even see the wheel design in your first pic.
Agreed. As soon as my GR86 wheels get a kerb mark they are getting refurbished. Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet!
Same. I have one small bit of kerb rash already, just need to find time to get all the wheels done.

Soldato
My new lotus eletre R.

This thing puts down power like nothing I’ve felt before, even 458s, 720s etc. only the plaid model s and taycan turbo s I’ve been in felt faster.

BR4oTkJ.jpeg
3MhZYOJ.jpeg

R6g0HJH.jpeg

HyqbD2l.jpeg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Video of the Alpine on track:

It carries so much more speed through corners and able to brake so late even with only 300PS nothing else on this track day really came close, cracking car. :)
That gearing is so short. Looks quick. I was impressed when passenger ride in one too. Can feel how light they are

OcUK Staff
That gearing is so short. Looks quick. I was impressed when passenger ride in one too. Can feel how light they are

The gearing helps so much, by contrast its pulling same top speeds on the straights as my Exige 410 was which had 100+ extra horses and weighed the same.
By comparison my Boxster Spyder with 330HP felt slow and underpowered at Donington whereas the A110S feels quick, gearing makes a world of difference. :)

Back
Top Bottom