Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
Great car the Civic Type R. Drove the previous one and though aesthetically not my thing, there was little doubt it was Honda at their finest. This one solved the aesthetics by and large so great car all round.

So rapid on roads and so well sorted. I can see why it gets the plaudits.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As someone who knows very little about Type Rs, is that one an older version? It looks great, the newer ones I'm not a fan of with all the over the top body lines.

It’s the newest one.

I am a big fan, and liked the previous version too, although I appreciate the styling isn’t for everyone…

Don
Picked up a correct rear spoiler. Had it painted.

Before:
voRa0AY.jpeg

After:
XUUw3Wa.jpeg

Qwh7qcq.jpeg

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Already done 700 miles in the Alpine in a week, today was a real bonding session in the car going for a very early drive out around Wales, this car is something else, in the wet the grip levels are nothing short of immense and I am yet to do the alignment setup which is supposedly a further transformation.
Still the way this car flows down a road is simply fantastic, it has my GT3 bettered on a b road for sure, the Exige and M2 as well, in fact in the wet I'd hate to bet what is more capable the Alpine or the GR Yaris, but where the Alpine does shine is just how it flows and how it feels so amazing, the ride even in the S is absolutely fine once your carrying speed the suspension is absolutely superb and even at lower speeds is superior to the M2.

It is truly a car you can enjoy, any weather and any road, flinging the car down some of Wales narrow B roads was nothing short of pure enjoyment, I also don't think I have experienced a car that can change direction better, the precision and responsiveness is something else, the chassis really is bloody epic. For todays drive out the car also had some modifications fitted, which consist of extended shifter paddles and a high flow panel filter which introduce a lot more induction noise into the cabin, all very welcome.

Some pictures:

A1.jpg A2.jpg A3.jpg A4.jpg A5.jpg

I have to say I think the A110 is a truly forgotten gem, either people don't know they exist or overlook them purely due to badge snobbery, all I can say is to anyone, GO DRIVE ONE!

My S with 300PS feels proper quick, of course it is no slouch it can knock 60 out in under 4s and with a good tail wind and downhill hit around 160mph, but with only 1100kg to manage the car is much quicker than you'd expect, feels much quicker than Emira, handles better too I'd say no doubt due to how much lighter it is and the fact the engine sits lower in chassis, handling wise the only thing I can think that comes close with same levels of comfort is an older Cayman R but even then you have more weight to shift around, much longer gear ratios and the Alpine just feels more sorted.

My best description is a baby McLaren with no McLaren running cost, the reaction from public is so funny as well as I gather most have no idea what it is, but the way this car steers, handles and grips is properly up there, simply epic chassis and an amazing B road / track car, we also find it very comfortable as well, great fuel economy, cheap insurance, proper happy motoring and a modern car that is really unique in today's age where Alpine's priority is purely driving pleasure and it really excels at it, been so small you can send it down a b road and truly enjoy it. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I've always thought the A110 looks a bit, well, odd, but the red in S trim actually looks very nice, seems to be one of them cars where colour makes or breaks it

Last edited:
Soldato
I've always thought the A110 looks a bit, well, odd, but the red in S trim actually looks very nice, seems to be one of them cars where colour makes or breaks it
its the rear end that just doesn't look right.. I don't know if it's the lights or something. Side profile, nice. Front, nice.. but the rear just looks awkward.

Back
Top Bottom