Show Us Your Racks

Are you guys allowed to do this, I don't think my work would be 2 happy of me taking picures of our servers and posting them on the net for all to see.

You need a disclaimer "Please get permission from the person who pays the bills".

I fail to see what harm it can do?

I think its quite good, will give people an insight whether they should upgrade/downgrade what works better. and a bit of willy waving at the same time. No ones posting detailed specs that could amount to anything?

Psypher5 said:
I fail to see what harm it can do?

I think its quite good, will give people an insight whether they should upgrade/downgrade what works better. and a bit of willy waving at the same time. No ones posting detailed specs that could amount to anything?

Yeah its not like we are posting router ips user/passwords lol its only some pictures ;)

What are you cats running on that sort of kit?

CS server of course :D

No, not really. Its for Ocean modelling stuff, climate change n all that.
Its a hugely expensive bit of kit, the quadrix switch interconnects (for memory and cpu sharing etc etc) are beasts. Its a Bull system (Novascale), they're a French company and are pretty darn good (better than IBM by far - in our experience).

Last edited:
Dangerous said:
God if the air con is switched off those racks are too hot to touch!
No surprise, last summer the aircon unit in the server room at work failed, temp was >40C

IIRC there are five Compaq ProLiant DL380R03 servers with eight 74Gb 15k rpm SCSI drives but I have no pics.

I think they were around €45,000 three years ago (I might have to convince them to buy new ones and give one to me :D )

In a few weeks i'll post the pics of the servers/racks at where i work at.
They've got ##spit##RM##spit## in for a few weeks to completely nuke everything and put new servers and whatnot in.

This is my "rack" at home:

Server.JPG

Unfortunatley it's more of a table for my 360 these days. I might start a website on it and host it from home or something.
Spec is P3 1.2Ghz, 3x Hitachi 10K 18.4GB SCSI in RAID 5, 512MB SDRAM a DAT drive and some more boring normal stuff.

I did go the the RedBus data centre in London docklands a few months ago. I've never seen so many computers. Floors and floors of nothing but server cages and air conditioning.

Back
Top Bottom