Show us your TFT setups!!

Associate
setup_small.JPG

Associate
I haven't got the widescreen yet, but this is what I'm going for in my studio:

mons.JPG

(3x 19" 4:3 + 1x 27" 16:9)
Also have to figure out what vga card to use. Toss-up between a matrox quad head, or a triple head (prob Parhelia), with video out from a RT.X100 going to the LCD TV.
I'll post pics when I finish building the studio - it's gonna be an übercool setup.
I've already got the Vesa wall brackets too, to maximise on desk space.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also have to figure out what vga card to use. Toss-up between a matrox quad head, or a triple head (prob Parhelia), with video out from a RT.X100 going to the LCD TV.
I'll post pics when I finish building the studio - it's gonna be an übercool setup.
I've already got the Vesa wall brackets too, to maximise on desk space.

Why not get 2 SLI cards instead, and run it in non SLI mode, that will support enough monitors, and you can then disable 3 of the screens to have a top dog SLI gaming system as well.

Soldato
dark_shadow said:
I know Baddass, and a few others have been wanting to see my set up for a while now, but hopefully by early next month, I'll be investing in a nice new digi cam due soon :)

Here's a poor camera phone picture from my P900 :o

Dual 1720Bs, niceeeeeeeeeeeee

Associate
McDaniel said:
what mounts have you got, could you post pics please?

pic 1
box.jpg

pic 2
bracket.jpg

It's a standard Vesa wall mount, which I got from a uk based online supplier.
What can I say? The folks I got it from are cool, the sell all sorts of stuff, everything from memory to WinTV .NOVA cards and all sorts of .TECHy stuff.
Just do a web search for it and, you'll easily find it. Very cheap and decent quality too!

As for, building a killer gaming rig, that's not what this setup is for. It's for serious work only. The gaming PC is gonna be in the TV room, connected to a big screen. Read my other post in the monitors section and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I'm going to get the Matrox rt.x100 video editing system, and the Pahrlia system is optimised for it, so that's what I'm going for. Loads of VRAM is not necessary, as this is not a gaming PC.
I've finally decided on the graphics cards, just got to pick the right mobo now, wanted to run an Athlon 400MHz FSB sys, but unfortunately can't get a suitable mobo that will work with the rt.x100. It's lookin like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a dualcore Pentium system, which is a shame, because I was waiting for the 2x2MB Cache chips to come out 1st.
Hope I can get the whole thing to run properly in a QPACK!

this is how it looks right now
(for some reason the above link wont work unless you copy and paste it into a new broawser.)

Last edited:
Soldato
@ Zixiazhang nice setup there mate ;) did you build the stands for the monitors yourself? because they look pretty swish :)

Associate
Livestrong said:
below is the current setup looking for a bigger desk stacker system is my dual x2 system I have a 3700sd system not in pic just for games two screens for internet/work 1 2405 for the games rig and a spare MultiSync LCD1860NX just to collect dust

img29304bs.jpg

the middle screen check out those finger marks ;)

Nice setup, you must get neck strain with constantly looking from side to side ;)
Why not move the set of draws over to the left hand side and sit the PC on that, then have the three monitors on the desk.

Associate
wintereverlong said:
@ Zixiazhang nice setup there mate ;) did you build the stands for the monitors yourself? because they look pretty swish :)

hehe thanks i was actually temping at some place and they were closing down and were throwing a lot of stuff out and i asked if i could have the stands and they said yes if you look closely you can see they're a bit battered but they do the job :D

Soldato
........... nice idea.

People just like to show there screens off. It helps other people decide if they would look good in there room.

Soldato
So I take it you can only have 3x monitors with either matrox setups or PCI-E setups, I want top gaming but 3 monitors would be nice, I know i could get a pci card for 3rd monitor but i wouldnt want the lag. I currently have a 6800GT AGP, could I get 2x 7800 GTX for example and then run 2 for 3/4 montiro support 2d etc and then let them switch auto to 1 montior with sli for gaming performance on the 1 centre monitor without having to restart, enable sli, and then go to options to enable 1 monitor, or is that to much to ask ? lol

Back
Top Bottom