Show us your TFT setups!!

Soldato
Antx777 said:
I see you have a Roland Fantom X (88key) on the right - what monitors do you use??? - I've got a Triton Studio BTW

Yeah that's right :) I love it.

I'm using some Alesis m1 active m2 monitors (they're powered) I'm sure I answered this question on the page before lol although might be in another thread.

They're really nice monitors for the money (think they were just under £250) and sound awesome when plugged directly into the Fantom, I need to buy a decent mixer before I move to Uni (starting a music degree) as I'll probably do a lot more recording then.

Soldato
My current setup. The TFT is a 17" Samsung 172T which being a PVA panel has excellent viewing angles thankfully (the whiteness is due to camera flash). Picked it up used off ebay for £90. No dead pixels, great picture :)

In case anyone's interested the speakers are Eltax Monitor 3 connected to a Sonic Impact t-amp (the little thing between TFT and cable modem).

The PC itself is about to get a nice upgrade to X1800 XT 512 mb, A64 4000+, 2 GB DDR400.

My camera isn't great indoors btw :rolleyes:

setup.jpg

Soldato
It's plenty. I have windows and wave volume on just 50% and the amp never goes over half volume. If you mean drive as in current rather than volume then yes it's designed for 4-8 ohms speakers.

You can't really equate 15W to PC speakers since they're generally telling you just what the speakers are rated at not what the built in amp can supply. Something like that anyway :)

My Rotel RA02 hi-fi amp is only 40W, and it's pretty loud with the volume control in the 8 o'clock position (around 10% of max).

Soldato
LanceCrossfire said:
This thread should be made a sticky...
Did some sorting out today and my setup is nearly finished...

heres the spec...

Intel Pentium D 805 [email protected]
Intel 975XBX-304 "Bad Axe" motherboard
1024mb OCZ DDR2 667mhz PC5400
512mb Connect 3D ATi X1900 Crossfire Edition with accellero X2 cooler
^
Crossfire Mode
^
512mb Gigabyte Ati X1900XT-X with accellero X2 cooler
NEC ND4570 DVD-RW drive
250gb seagate sataII 16mb cache(internal)
2x 250gb Hitachi Deskstar(external)
600w Jeantech Artic PSU
580w Hiper Type R PSU
Akasa AIO fan controller, card reader, usb hub, sata, ieee1394, temp monitor, audio panel
Logitech MX5000 bluetooth desktop keyboard and MX1000 lazer mouse
Logitech Dual Shock Gamepad
Logitech Premium Gamer Headset and Mic
JBL 350w RMS amplifier with 5.1 speaker set up
AOC 27" HD compatible LCD TV Monitor
Packard Bell Maestro 19" widescreen TFT
2x Proview 19" widescreen TFT's(for use when Crossfire is disabled)

here is some pics taken on my MDA II Compact...

tell me what you all think...
Whats not to like??
but, dont you ever feel like that screen is gonna fall off and hit you on the head :S :p

Soldato
LanceCrossfire said:
This thread should be made a sticky...
Did some sorting out today and my setup is nearly finished...

heres the spec...

Intel Pentium D 805 [email protected]
Intel 975XBX-304 "Bad Axe" motherboard
1024mb OCZ DDR2 667mhz PC5400
512mb Connect 3D ATi X1900 Crossfire Edition with accellero X2 cooler
^
Crossfire Mode
^
512mb Gigabyte Ati X1900XT-X with accellero X2 cooler
NEC ND4570 DVD-RW drive
250gb seagate sataII 16mb cache(internal)
2x 250gb Hitachi Deskstar(external)
600w Jeantech Artic PSU
580w Hiper Type R PSU
Akasa AIO fan controller, card reader, usb hub, sata, ieee1394, temp monitor, audio panel
Logitech MX5000 bluetooth desktop keyboard and MX1000 lazer mouse
Logitech Dual Shock Gamepad
Logitech Premium Gamer Headset and Mic
JBL 350w RMS amplifier with 5.1 speaker set up
AOC 27" HD compatible LCD TV Monitor
Packard Bell Maestro 19" widescreen TFT
2x Proview 19" widescreen TFT's(for use when Crossfire is disabled)

here is some pics taken on my MDA II Compact...

tell me what you all think...
Whats the make of your desk :)

Associate
matt100 said:
I think you ramraided a certain purple shirted "competitor" to ocuk ;)
thats because i work for them ;) gracious staff discount :D most of my pc though was purchased from OCUK and the proview screens were off the web.

as for the desk, its an omnicasa madrid, with a set of draws... theres also a version with a built in usb hub :D

Last edited:
Soldato
LanceCrossfire said:
thats because i work for them ;) gracious staff discout :D most of my pc though was purchased from OCUK and the proview screens were off the web.

as for the desk, its an omnicasa madrid, with a set of draws... theres also a version with a built in usb hub :D
Thanks! i googled it & was not surprised what came up first :)

Associate
fish99 said:
My current setup. The TFT is a 17" Samsung 172T which being a PVA panel has excellent viewing angles thankfully (the whiteness is due to camera flash). Picked it up used off ebay for £90. No dead pixels, great picture :)

In case anyone's interested the speakers are Eltax Monitor 3 connected to a Sonic Impact t-amp (the little thing between TFT and cable modem).

The PC itself is about to get a nice upgrade to X1800 XT 512 mb, A64 4000+, 2 GB DDR400.

My camera isn't great indoors btw :rolleyes:

setup.jpg

What desk is that? It's really nice (Hope it's not obvious)

Soldato
It was from MFI Homeworks but probably about 5 years ago. They don't do MDF stuff anymore it's all real wood since they went 'upmarket', so they won't have anything similar now. There's a similar desk in the argos catalogue I think, but a bit smaller (120 cm wide).

I'm probably gonna change desks soon since I eventually got fed up with how big it is (150 cm wide).

Associate
Hunders said:
I bought a new desk yesterday so thaught Id put some pics up in here.

I need a mouse mat instead of that paper :o

Nice setup - I have been looking at that case. Whats it like for noise, temperatures and build quality? I also having been looking at those Hyundai TV's, it looks pretty nice in your pictures.

Soldato
Hunders/

Can I ask where you got that desk from and the width and depth of it please? It could be just what I'm looking for, a smaller version of my desk (see above), looks nice and sturdy too. Cheers :)

Soldato
Yabsley - The case is good. The reason I bought it is because I wanted a cool and quiet solution and it does the job well. Temps at the moment while browsing the net are:

CPU - A64 3700 @ 2.8GHz - 36C
Graphics - GeForce 7800 GT - 42C
Hard drive - 34C

Under load the CPU gets to about 39-40C and the graphics about 50C.

The TV is good too. The only problem I have had with it is that the price dropped from 800 quid to 600 quid two weeks after I bought it. :(

fish99 - I bought the desk from Argos. Sizes are H-74cm, W-128cm and D-62cm. Page 567 in the catologue if you have one :)

Hope this helps.

Ta.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom