Sick days

Associate
Never taken a sick day from wither job in 2 years!!!

Although my main job was very fogiving and allowed me to sleep all day in the server room when I had the most terminal hangover ever (Amsterdam Pill related).

Man of Honour
You don't get *** FLU for 1 day....maybe a cold, but a FLU virus lasts about 7-10 days and you cannot mve literally.

I'ma a supervisor, and when my staff phone in with flu and then are back at work the following day they annoy me!

It's a cold, god damn it

No, no, it's MAN-flu.

But in answer to the original question - no, I've never taken a sickie that wasn't genuine. I'm so sad that when I got signed off for six weeks with a broken ankle I was still coming in one day a week.

M

Soldato
Haven't had a day off in my current job which I've been at since early 05.

Job previous to that my attendance was terrible, to the point where I'm not sure how myself and others weren't given the boot.

Man of Honour
We get incentives at work for 100% attendence (26" LCD TV; Full VIP hospitality at a Premiership Match; Panasonic LCD Projector; Fender '65 Mustang; Toshiba Laptop; Paris Weekend Break - that sort of thing)

Works well IMO!

Soldato
I think it's more important to think about your health than work. There were several people in my office who would come in even if they could barely speak, and they'd sneeze germs over everyone else. Of course that just meant that whatever they had would be spread across the whole office at once. I've seen myself be ill for two weeks, just because someone decided that they didn't want a sick day on their record. Even if a bug doesn't affect you badly, that doesn't mean someone else you work with won't be totally knocked out.

We get incentives at work for 100% attendence (26" LCD TV; Full VIP hospitality at a Premiership Match; Panasonic LCD Projector; Fender '65 Mustang; Toshiba Laptop; Paris Weekend Break - that sort of thing)

Works well IMO!

Very nice, my last employer used to give you a thank you and a voucher, nothing special but atleast it was somthing. The few years i was there all you got was a few words on a bit of A4 paper.

What a joke, for a multi million pound company it was shocking, they even got rid of the christmas bonus :mad:

Was nice having a day off at the company expense :D

Does that make me bad :p

Associate
If I don't include an ankle operation then in 15 years 1 day off, due to falling down steps and severe ankle injury. Even worked when I had the Norwalk Virus. Didn't know what it was until after I had recovered.

Does my employer care? Like **** they do. :(

Soldato
I have 20 odd sick days a year, i've used about 5 so far this year, 3 of which were genuine, but the other 2 were porkies because I wanted to do other stuff. Although one of them was because my parents needed a lift to go on airport and had to drop them off at the airport, so it was genuine per-say, it was too late for me to get the time off because they require a months notice to get it off, last minute break sorta thing it was.

Back
Top Bottom