Significant incident Plymouth

Caporegime
I think it's long overdue that we as a society start asking questions about the rhetoric social and mainstream media is continually promoting.

We need to take a step back and consider what kind of messages (toxic masculinity, white privilege, etc) we're continually sending as a society to young white men . I can't recall the last time I saw an article/story celebrating the achievements of young white men and encouraging them as an identity group? Contrast this to how other groups (black, Asian, female,etc) are portrayed, supported and represented.

I think there's a real danger all this endless identity politics and the groupthink around it are creating and fostering this kind of self-loathing mindset.

I think it time these idiots realise woe is me is unattractive.

They chose not to sleep with certain people but whinge the people they want to sleep woth don't want them.

If you want sex be better?

It's not a right and women out number men, gay men outnumber gay women so stats are in straight males favour.

Soldato
It's not so much those feelings that spur them on to these things it's more the online echo chambers they get sucked into that egg them on. It's radicalisation and should be ignored at our peril.

Caporegime
It's not so much those feelings that spur them on to these things it's more the online echo chambers they get sucked into that egg them on. It's radicalisation and should be ignored at our peril.

Well here you go fusby, you're in that online setting, here are those people posting those views.

are you going to challenge them or continue the echo chamber and ignore them?

Or are you going to whattaboutery to excuse them?

Why is this conversation about guns still and not the actual problem which is that those who didn’t win the genetic lottery will have a harder time attracting the opposite sex? Not that it excuses what this guy done.

I think it's long overdue that we as a society start asking questions about the rhetoric social and mainstream media is continually promoting.

We need to take a step back and consider what kind of messages (toxic masculinity, white privilege, etc) we're continually sending as a society to young white men . I can't recall the last time I saw an article/story celebrating the achievements of young white men and encouraging them as an identity group? Contrast this to how other groups (black, Asian, female,etc) are portrayed, supported and represented.

I think there's a real danger all this endless identity politics and the groupthink around it are creating and fostering this kind of self-loathing mindset.

Caporegime
I'm not sure if I'm able to share this link so please remove if it's not allowed.

But reading this article just makes me feel so sad that there are some people out there who think like this and are so disillusioned.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/went-unde...sifqvnxruu1uopyc9vkinuxqd_gsg3_wqtio_dp7sjgyu

Lol why not just bugger off to the 3rd world then?

Where they'd be Rich and well-educated and white?

Winners of the genetic lottery they claim is so important

But surely even an idiot can't see why someone with those views isn't attractive to women?

They basically want a combination fleshligjt/mother.

Man of Honour

sXm92za.jpg

There's self loathing, and then there's self loathing because you feel entitled to a relationship with a woman and access to their body. Identity politics could potentially add to it, but it hasn't created it nor is it the root cause.

Soldato
Well here you go fusby, you're in that online setting, here are those people posting those views.

are you going to challenge them or continue the echo chamber and ignore them?

Or are you going to whattaboutery to excuse them?

They've been challenged, and have failed to respond.

This place is not an echo chamber.

Caporegime
Or failing that South Park style "get in the pile"

1551tnwpf9v41.jpg

Soldato
I think it's time these people got over themselves. Sometimes it just doesn't happen for some people and those people need to accept it. It's okay to be single.

It is OK.

However, those comments that Tefal has highlight above; in the incel forums they will be getting egged on, "well, what are YOU going to do about it?" "why don't you go kill a bunch of chads and stacys" is what they'll get back and no one will challenge. There will be nothing positive coming their way for months/years to the point they do these acts.

Soldato
So yup "we can't ignore this!!@ but err can someone else not ignore this for me because I cant be botheted"
It's really not my job. It's down to the people that are supposed to protect us to class this as terrorism and put the resources into identifying potential perpetrators and not give them their ****ing shotgun back.

Capodecina
Soldato
I'm not sure if I'm able to share this link so please remove if it's not allowed.

But reading this article just makes me feel so sad that there are some people out there who think like this and are so disillusioned.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/went-unde...sifqvnxruu1uopyc9vkinuxqd_gsg3_wqtio_dp7sjgyu

I've seen Laura Bates's stuff before, she writes a lot about "toxic males". I really wonder what her motivation is, for years going into communities "undercover" to expose male incels and then profiting off it. Her articles appear quite misandric.

I honestly think she's part of the problem and not the solution.

Soldato
But you are condoning incel idealogy.

No man has a right to get sex. Men need to be able to deal with that without lashing out towards women. I am not sympathetic at all to incels that feel they are owed sex.

All i said was if your not very attractive you will have a harder time attracting the opposite sex, how am i condoning incel behaviour?

Caporegime
I've seen Laura Bates's stuff before, she writes a lot about "toxic males". I really wonder what her motivation is, for years going into communities "undercover" to expose male incels and then profiting off it. Her articles appear quite misandric.

I honestly think she's part of the problem and not the solution.

It's her job?

Back
Top Bottom