Significant incident Plymouth

Soldato

For shotguns, if you want a certificate, the police have to have a good reason to deny it so in fact we really are a 'shall issue' location.

Unless you want a shotgun that can hold more than three cartridges and then they have to go on a Firearms certificate. My Remington 11 Competition Master can hold eight cartridges and is semi automatic so it's specifically listed on my FAC.

I’m flabbergasted by that. That seems the completely wrong way to do it. You should have a very genuine reason (as I’ve said before, I don’t think many of these exist) to have one. Not a reason not to.

Surely this needs to change, even the yeehaw gun advocates must agree with this?

Soldato
FEO: "Why do you want to own this Section 2 shotgun?"

Applicant: "I'm going to go clay shooting"

FEO: "Ok, here you go"

Anyone who wanted one for the wrong reasons, could bypass such trivial questioning of "genuine reasoning" that it's pointless to even ask.

Soldato
Bring back the asylums. Put the public first before the liberal nonsense of care in the community. That and a more cynical fire arms licensing process / approval.

What are you talking about? "Liberal nonsense". It was budget cuts pure and simple that bought us "care in the community" and nothing to do with liberalism. However the idea that you just throw people in the nut house and throw away the key is illiberal though. People need treatment, they need help, they don't need to be institutionalised for the rest of their lives unless they are a genuine danger to society who can't be treated.

Soldato
FEO: "Why do you want to own this Section 2 shotgun?"

Applicant: "I'm going to go clay shooting"

FEO: "Ok, here you go"

Anyone who wanted one for the wrong reasons, could bypass such trivial questioning of "genuine reasoning" that it's pointless to even ask.

“Use a club gun. Application denied.”

Soldato
@Feek-Admin What FAC licence would you need to own a hand gun? Because I thought that was impossible! I belonged to a gun club years ago and the owner had a Glock 17 9mm which he carried around in a holster. He had a long career in the military in the Parachute Regiment as a sniper and some other stuff which he wouldn't divulge in.

Section 5 FAC - issued solely by the Home Secretary. Let us know how you get on.

Soldato
What are you talking about? "Liberal nonsense". It was budget cuts pure and simple that bought us "care in the community" and nothing to do with liberalism. However the idea that you just throw people in the nut house and throw away the key is illiberal though. People need treatment, they need help, they don't need to be institutionalised for the rest of their lives unless they are a genuine danger to society who can't be treated.

It's thenewoc, he's pretty uninformed on most things and blames 'liberals' for everything like incels blame women!

But yea, it was a policy enacted in the 50's that was always about cost cutting but it was Thatcher in the early 80's who really pushed it into the system we have today.

Soldato
“Use a club gun. Application denied.”

And if the club gun doesn't fit you? Club guns are fine for a group of hungover blokes on a stag weekend on a Saturday morning, but not so much if you actually want to compete to a high standard or just be a competent shot. Also, can an Olympic trap shooter take a club gun over to Tokyo or Paris for the week? As I said, changing status to defining a genuine reason isn't as simple as just that, and as such becomes trivial and routine. I get the feeling anything other than an outright ban would be unacceptable to you anyways, so I'm done.

Soldato
It's thenewoc, he's pretty uninformed on most things and blames 'liberals' for everything like incels blame women!

But yea, it was a policy enacted in the 50's that was always about cost cutting but it was Thatcher in the early 80's who really pushed it into the system we have today.

It amazing he can't see how his views are on right out there on the fringe.

Yeah Thatcher destroyed mental healthcare in this country and smiled while doing it.

Soldato
And if the club gun doesn't fit you? Club guns are fine for a group of hungover blokes on a stag weekend on a Saturday morning, but not so much if you actually want to compete to a high standard or just be a competent shot. Also, can an Olympic trap shooter take a club gun over to Tokyo or Paris for the week? As I said, changing status to defining a genuine reason isn't as simple as just that, and as such becomes trivial and routine. I get the feeling anything other than an outright ban would be unacceptable to you anyways, so I'm done.

Good chatting.

Soldato
Why is this conversation about guns still and not the actual problem which is that those who didn’t win the genetic lottery will have a harder time attracting the opposite sex? Not that it excuses what this guy done.

Man of Honour
Why is this conversation about guns still and not the actual problem which is that those who didn’t win the genetic lottery will have a harder time attracting the opposite sex? Not that it excuses what this guy done.

Because the actual problem is that someone used a gun to kill 5 people. The fact that they're unattractive is very much a minor thing in comparison.

Hardly anyone wins any kind of lottery. That's one of the defining features of a lottery. Killing people (or even just being angry) because you didn't win a lottery is a sign of a serious psychological disorder.

Soldato

He's not objectively ugly at all. It was his lack of grooming and personality that stopped him from laid.

Soldato

correct me if I’m wrong, but you sound like an incel here. Are you trying to say that the reason be shot 5 innocent people dead is that because women decided they didn’t want to sleep with him, and blaming women for that?…

Im sure I’m mistaken but please clarify!

The conversation is clearly around this guy is a nutter and he should never have had guns. Not the fact that women should just submit sexually to men. How strange.

Soldato
I think it's long overdue that we as a society start asking questions about the rhetoric social and mainstream media is continually promoting.

We need to take a step back and consider what kind of messages (toxic masculinity, white privilege, etc) we're continually sending as a society to young white men . I can't recall the last time I saw an article/story celebrating the achievements of young white men and encouraging them as an identity group? Contrast this to how other groups (black, Asian, female,etc) are portrayed, supported and represented.

I think there's a real danger all this endless identity politics and the groupthink around it are creating and fostering this kind of self-loathing mindset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom