Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Caporegime
Caporegime
Which would be better pairing with a gaggia classic, Mignon or Rocky?

Got the gaggia second hand with the opv and rancilio wand mod. Using a Krups grinder for the time being but I would prefer a doserless.

Can;t fault my Rocky but I don't know how it compares to others.

Permabanned
It appears dogs like coffee too. Decaf of course!
10622712_10152598203933864_4287048378947778462_n.jpg

10414517_10152598205178864_5863469976225260143_n.jpg

10599428_10152598205383864_373117201784222349_n.jpg

Love my best friend :D

Man of Honour
A quick google suggests that the amount of caffeine in a decaf coffee shouldn't be an issue though I'd still personally not be feeding it to my dog if I had one. My cats are free of my caffeine addiction, and long may they stay that way :p

Man of Honour
How can it be poisonous if it doesn't have any caffeine in it?

To be fair decaffeinated coffee does still have trace amounts of caffeine in.

However, the amount in it is far below the suggested toxicity levels for an average dog.

Personally I would still be wary of feeding it to a pet that I care for but you're probably (probably) safe.

Soldato
Awesome, thanks for letting me know how you found it :)

Out of interest, how do you like your coffee normally? Feel free to go full-on coffee snob :p

I wouldn't know how to do the coffee snob thing :D

I like my coffee black, and mainly use the Aeropress. For me a nice coffee has good flavours in the mouth, shortly after swallowing and a nice rounded lingering aftertaste. So you get a variety of tastes. I like both fruity and chocolate undertones, floral I'm not such a big fan of. Natural coffees are bit of an enigma, every now and then I'll find one I really like, but I've had a lot of awful ones too!

Man of Honour
I wouldn't know how to do the coffee snob thing :D

I like my coffee black, and mainly use the Aeropress. For me a nice coffee has good flavours in the mouth, shortly after swallowing and a nice rounded lingering aftertaste. So you get a variety of tastes. I like both fruity and chocolate undertones, floral I'm not such a big fan of. Natural coffees are bit of an enigma, every now and then I'll find one I really like, but I've had a lot of awful ones too!

Well, it sounds like you've got the coffee tasting down anyhow :p Not being a snob is just a plus point :)

I've recently got quite into the "natural" and "honey process" coffees. The Hasbean ones seem to quite consistently be described as having a "natural funk" or some such. I think its just a phase though, as I'm finding the more normal coffees that I usually like (such as chocolate or fruity undertones) not quite so enjoyable as normal.

Anyhow, if you can taste any of that stuff at all then it sounds like they're butchering the coffee a lot less than ManCoCo seem to so it's probably worth me giving them a try.

Permabanned
To be fair decaffeinated coffee does still have trace amounts of caffeine in.

However, the amount in it is far below the suggested toxicity levels for an average dog.

Personally I would still be wary of feeding it to a pet that I care for but you're probably (probably) safe.
Well vet said it is fine and he has been having it his whole life (small amounts though). His dog dish is like 1mm full.

Associate
Thoughts on putting a PID on a machine like a Gaggia Classic/Baby? Is it pointless and should I just put the money towards a better machine?

Permabanned
Thoughts on putting a PID on a machine like a Gaggia Classic/Baby? Is it pointless and should I just put the money towards a better machine?

PIDs are great but if you're buying new then imo probably better put towards a new machine.

I have the v2 Silvia wand on my classic, I've been thinking of getting the v3 wand which will come to around £35 I don't know whether it is worth doing the mod or not. Any thoughts?

I'm down for the brass dispertion plate group buy also so looking forward to fitting that soon.

Associate
Just got a second hand Gaggia Classic through the post and was wondering if anyone has a pressure gauge they'd be willing to lend me? Of course, I will pay for postage.

Back
Top Bottom