Silly question... how the heck do you manage vSphere 6.7 now?

Man of Honour
OK... I bought the Essentials bundle.

I actually kinda like the new HTML5 interface in vCenter :)
How much was that? VMUG subscription is quite cheap, plus beneficial if you are sitting the exams as you get discount. It VMUG gives you all of the keys with expiration dates when your VMUG subscription expires. I found an online 10% code and paid around $450 for it. Unless of course you're running in production?

I like the HTML5 client, it's maturing quickly. Sure, the thick client was nice, but it's dead. I was working at a customer site the other day and they have 5.5 there, I had to use the thick client for the first time in over a year and I struggled to find things. I prefer the HTML5 client now, and I have the vSphere client open in another tab for the things the HTM5 client can't do.

On another note, after passing my VCP exam back in March, I did the Foundations on Monday evening and I'm sitting the VSICM 6.7 course this week so I'll have my DVP qualification on Friday. Just wondering whether to do vSAN or NV next.

Associate
I actually bit the bullet and bought vcenter, mainly based on the server I built, though I did get a good deal when purchased it from a broker in the states.

Man of Honour
It's also worth noting that there's usually a myriad of keys available for cheap on the bay, however they will come with no support.

Back
Top Bottom