silly season 2018 - F1 driver line up

Soldato
OP
Max extends Red Bull contract through 2020

Good move for Red Bull, but not sure it's a smart move for Max. Very premature decision considering 2019 engine deal isn't even decided.

Transmission breaker
Don
Max is young. It's not a risk to have a 3 year contract regardless of any performance clauses.
He is a perfect match for Red Bull. They want the young "upstart" for their brand image. That's what they are all about. If they can't win on the track they will win with the marketing!

Caporegime
He did well enough in 2015, but the fact his career in F1 lasted as long as it has says more about the lack of junior talent on Red Bulls' books than it does about his speed.

I feel sorry for Kvyat. He deserved his spot in the Red Bull team based on his 2014 performance, drove brilliantly in 2015 - narrowly beating the exceptional Ricciardo, who was fresh from his trouncing of established Red Bull golden boy Vettel - and was hard done by in 2016 to be demoted so swiftly. Max may have deserved a seat in Red Bull but Kvyat certainly didn't deserve to be demoted but after that Kvyat has clearly struggled to shake off his frustration and build his way to a better seat. Now his career is pretty much over. It's sad.

Edit: In fact, he's the only teammate ever to beat Ricciardo. That's really impressive! Ricciardo is the only driver with a solid stake to be in the same league as Hamilton and Alonso.

Caporegime
I feel sorry for Kvyat. He deserved his spot in the Red Bull team based on his 2014 performance, drove brilliantly in 2015 - narrowly beating the exceptional Ricciardo, who was fresh from his trouncing of established Red Bull golden boy Vettel - and was hard done by in 2016 to be demoted so swiftly. Max may have deserved a seat in Red Bull but Kvyat certainly didn't deserve to be demoted but after that Kvyat has clearly struggled to shake off his frustration and build his way to a better seat. Now his career is pretty much over. It's sad.
His demotion really hit him hard, even though it wasn't him, it was Jos and Max pushing for his seat and wanting an improved contract. It crushed him for the rest of the season and you could visibly see how distraught he was and it came out in his driving.

Transmission breaker
Don
Anyone know if he is still carrying that Russian sponsorship?

Furthermore, with Massa gone, the age issue with Martini might crop up again for Daniil. Although I am sure I read somewhere that it was not a "hard" stop at 25.. Whatever that means :D

Soldato
Anyone know if he is still carrying that Russian sponsorship?

Furthermore, with Massa gone, the age issue with Martini might crop up again for Daniil. Although I am sure I read somewhere that it was not a "hard" stop at 25.. Whatever that means :D

I think there are issues with wearing team shirts and things. If the drivers are below the legal drinking age a country they cannot wear the Martini branded clothing.

Back
Top Bottom