silly season - F1 2017 driver line up

Soldato
He's a good enough F1 driver so he'll never struggle for a drive should it not work out at Mercedes.

Is he as good as Hamilton? Almost certainly not. Will he still be a Mercedes driver in 2018? I'd be surprised if he isn't, if Hamilton stays too.

He should suit the role well - in my opinion he's a step up on the regular number 2 driver who'll likely finish on the podium near enough as often as Hamilton but probably not quite good enough to finish ahead of Hamilton in most races. But most importantly he won't rock the boat - he's level headed and calm like most Finnish drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ouch.. I'm guessing he's thought to himself i'll never get another shot like this again so i may as well go for it? Obviously staying at a lower team for years and years could be better financially and your future but are you ever going to win things?? If I'm honest, I'd probably have done the same too. Hopefully he does well and gets rewarded for it appropriately.

Possibly, but surely anyone in his position would take the risk?

I was thinking that Hamilton knows that Vettel or Alonso could be his race mate in 2018.
Hamilton could help Bottas along in 2017. Just enough to keep the other two drivers at away?

Back
Top Bottom