Silverstone SG08

Soldato
OP
There is more! It's taller than specs and doesn't fit my unit! With this and the other issues present it's going back i think on Tuesday

Just measured mine and its about 3mm shy of the 190mm specs so mine is shorter. Also if you are leaving such a small amount of room for clearance above the computer you are doing it wrong as that is where the main air intake is, I would strongly recommend leaving lots and lots of space above the computer.

Permabanned
Just out of interest how did you notice the spikes on psu? were you having stability issues? just wondering as i was considering this case until recently when i bought my q08 instead, but if id forked out 160+ on a case with a 600w psu then found myself having to fork out another £60+ on a psu id be none too happy as it turns out my q08 that arrived came with the foam sound insulation kit too, which I was unaware of when I ordered it :D

It blew my house consumer unit twice and were not talking a off the self new build job here were talking russ andrews unit with all the bells and wistles full DCT and dexot it etc, £5K worth just for power.

It blew a mobo and drive as well so i tapped into it and benched it and got the +12v to drop to +9v @ stock i7 2600K clocks with turbo enabled!

Silverstone have been mailed. Im in work tomorrow and will swap the units!

Permabanned
Just measured mine and its about 3mm shy of the 190mm specs so mine is shorter. Also if you are leaving such a small amount of room for clearance above the computer you are doing it wrong as that is where the main air intake is, I would strongly recommend leaving lots and lots of space above the computer.

Mine coming out @ 200mm. I don't need the top fan really as the HSF i use is small and draws enough air in through the sides

Permabanned
Correct, get a TY-140 and hook it up to the PWM headers on your mobo.

Whats that when it's at home? I can only see a 120mm adapter with the 180mm fan in place. No 140mm.

Correct, get a BeQuiet BN188 and shorten the cables

Umm maybe, might get something thats made for us by Seasonic at work.

Who uses an HDD LED? But you are infact incorrect there are two LEDs evenly spaced between the single hole if you unplug your power LED you will see the HDD LED flickering away but seriously who needs an HDD LED? If it really bothers you use one or the other.

Im just saying, @ £180+ this is something you'd expect to be sported or alike would you not....? I've enough lights coming out the mobo to worry on the case but I can't exactly say to a punter yeah it's amazing cos it's a bag of poop really! Some mods will be needed if kept!

Correct, sadly thats a fact of slimline drivebays I have yet to find a way of doing a stealth mod for one.

Other than sanding the thing super flat, double sided tape and some really thin 1mm max aluminum thats brushed and black then nope nowt can be done sadly!

Correct, see above re. PSU

Not just PSU, USB is over long, PSU is tight, headers for the lights, switch are OTT!

The other change i made was to remove the reset full from the case, gash!

I can't multi quote for some reason, sorry

Soldato
OP
The other change i made was to remove the reset full from the case, gash!

I can't multi quote for some reason, sorry

Yeah I removed that too if I want to do a hard reset I just hold the power button does the same damn thing and removes two wires.

The TY-140 is an awesome 140mm fan and it uses 120mm mounting points, super quiet and pushes good air. I don't think I have ever used a computer case with stock fans they are always the first parts to be changed.

The cables yes are stupidly long but that is almost certainly a cost thing and doing a run of shorter cables just for 2 case models is probably not very cost effective but it isn't hard to either shorten them or cable tie them up out of the way.

Your PSU must be a dud as that PSU is normally very well reviewed so I would suggest an RMA at the very least.

I have no idea how yours is 10mm taller than the stated specs?

Permabanned
Yeah I removed that too if I want to do a hard reset I just hold the power button does the same damn thing and removes two wires.

The TY-140 is an awesome 140mm fan and it uses 120mm mounting points, super quiet and pushes good air. I don't think I have ever used a computer case with stock fans they are always the first parts to be changed.

The cables yes are stupidly long but that is almost certainly a cost thing and doing a run of shorter cables just for 2 case models is probably not very cost effective but it isn't hard to either shorten them or cable tie them up out of the way.

Your PSU must be a dud as that PSU is normally very well reviewed so I would suggest an RMA at the very least.

I have no idea how yours is 10mm taller than the stated specs?

If i could find stock of the replacment pins then i will do that to the HD LED etc cables but can i find any shop in the UK no! I'll braid them up as well. Got some nice 4:1 glue line shrink so stays put and goes nice and tight!

Sound good about the fan. I', going to clear my desk off and play fully wit the case!

One tpip is the audio ports on the front. The conection is glued! I ripped mine off, need to tidy that back up!

Back
Top Bottom