Silverstone SG08

Soldato
Does anyone know when we can expect to see one of these in shops?

I really want to get one and I would have thought they would have said at Computex, when they first showed it, or shortly after.

I have tried searching but my googlefu is weak.

Associate
Does anyone know when we can expect to see one of these in shops?

I really want to get one and I would have thought they would have said at Computex, when they first showed it, or shortly after.

I have tried searching but my googlefu is weak.

i emailed silverstone about this after computex and they said to expect it in the UK in September. Fingers crossed...

Soldato
OP
That would be perfect timing for my build! Is there any more detail around of the cases features/differences from the SG07?

Indeed same here.

Its the same internals as the SG07 but with a hench aluminium faceplate and USB3.0 ports on the front. Hopefully they will be attached to a proper header rather than the POS thing Lian Li did which required you to plug the cables in to your rear USB ports.

Associate
Silverstone did that as well, as did many others. The problem was the lack of a finalised USB3.0 cable spec that would work adequately off the internal motherboard headers. The workarounds were all similarly crap, but I think proper solutions exist now.

Associate
I emailed them last week and they said they hoped by end of july... im really liking the look of this case, or the fractal arc mini

I've just heard back from Silverstone aswell...

"Currently the SG08’s release date has not been set, but we estimate that it will not ship until sometimes in August, which means availability in UK will be in September timeframe."

Soldato
OP
Pictures from the internets!

sg0834view150.png

sg08front.jpg

sg08leftinside.jpg

sg0834viewinterior.jpg

sg08back.jpg

Apparently it is out now in Japan but still a November release for us.
I still don't get why it has taken them months to distribute a new faceplate for the SG07.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom