"simple" FPS games

Soldato
Just wondering if there are any recommendations people have for basic 1 player shooters that don't have MMO elements built in to them.
I really enjoyed the Wolfenstein games that came out vaguely recently and the new Robocop was fun (despite having XP and talent points etc). Any others I'm missing out on?

Associate
Some repeats but:

If you've not played them, HalfLife/HL2/episode 1 & 2
Black Mesa (Free)
Blueshift mod for Black Mesa (free)
Titanfall 2
Doom Eternal
Bioshock(s)
Crysis 1/2/3
Far Cry series
Maybe some of the older Battelfields? Bad Company 2 is good, BF5 has a shortish collection of campaigns but is only a few quid usually.

Soldato
So this is my bag, I've played just about the lot of em so in no specific order: :D

1: Shadow Warrior 1 & 2 (not 3 its pants)
2: Doom 2016 & Doom Eternal
3: Halo Remastered series on Xbox Game Pass
4: Bioshock 1, 2 & Infinite
5: Black Mesa
6: Crysis 1, 2 & 3
7: Dishonored 1 & 2
8: Metro 2033 and Last Light
9: Prey
10: Singularity (an oldie but still a great single player blast through)

And some guilt pleasures of mine:
- The Serious Sam games...I love em all!
- Painkiller games....visually they dont look great but they play superbly still
- Sniper Elite 4 & 5...The AI is awful but shooting nazi's in the face and balls from 1 mile away never gets old

Associate
Have a look at these. Borderlands series, Crysis series, Outriders, Sniper Elite series, maybe Warframe.

I find it hard to get into games these days, but I can always get into Borderlands. It's just silly-fun. I usually played it single player, but sometimes remotely with my brother, which was always good fun too in co-op.

Soldato
how about
deep rock galactica
just cause
left 4 dead
Warhammer: Vermintide
battlefield games are good simple mindles fun. - play with bots

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom