Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2019, Singapore - Race 15/21

Rate the 2019 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
F1 is heavily influenced by business and money though, Ferrari don't want to be paying millions of pounds to a well known, multiple world champion who is the face of all of their marketing if he becomes a laughing stock.

I look at the comments sections of F1 news sites and people are laughing at Ferrari right now.
We all know Vettel's results are they are very rare wins and more frequent spins, retirements, mistakes, etc. He is the laughing stock anyways no matter what their managers do or try to make it look.

Soldato
What a conflict this must be for some of the more polarised 0/10 or 10/10 Ferrari-loving voting members here. Ferrari win, and a 1-2, but the new golden boy lost out to the Vettel who they now hate now that another decent driver has emerged.

What way will they go - 0/10 or 10/10?

Either way, the speculation is probably more interesting than the race was. I gave it a very generous 4/10.

Soldato
What a conflict this must be for some of the more polarised 0/10 or 10/10 Ferrari-loving voting members here. Ferrari win, and a 1-2, but the new golden boy lost out to the Vettel who they now hate now that another decent driver has emerged.

What way will they go - 0/10 or 10/10?

Either way, the speculation is probably more interesting than the race was. I gave it a very generous 4/10.

And it's no surprise to see the LH fanboys giving it a 2/10 :)

Man of Honour

It would seem that all of a sudden Vettel is their golden boy and they had been desperate for him to win and he has done no wrong all season (this isn’t the narrative I remember from monza). Leclerc was beaten fair and square on track (the teams tactics had nothing to do with it, obviously).

It must be strange being a devoted Ferrari fan - 0/10 if you lose, 10/10 if you win with no in between.

Soldato
It was a terrible race with 3 safety cars ruining the last third, has nothing to do with Lewis coming 4th, if you insist it is then you're the bigger fanboy than we are.

I guess it would have been more interesting if Bottas was allowed to race Lewis but hey ho.

The mid-field action was quite entertaining and the safety cars allowed for that, so wasn't as boring as some previous races there have been.

Man of Honour
I guess it would have been more interesting if Bottas was allowed to race Lewis but hey ho.

The mid-field action was quite entertaining and the safety cars allowed for that, so wasn't as boring as some previous races there have been.

Oh seriously. Bottas couldn’t get near Hamilton (yes, they obviously held him back in the pit window, costing a whole 2 points). In the same way Hamilton and the others were stuck.

The mid field action was ok, but there were so many rookie errors.

Soldato
Soldato
Dude, they told him to slow down on the radio i.e. do not try to overtake your teammate.

In case you missed it:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ercedes-singapore.39LHh9U6TjcFKzqTxp4X5V.html

Bottas fully explained it after the race, all above board and as you would expect. It's a shame ferrari doesn't have the same rules as they always, in every race this year, have kept Leclec in hte dark as to what Vettel was doing to the detriment of Leclec every time.

Man of Honour
Dude, they told him to slow down on the radio i.e. do not try to overtake your teammate.

In case you missed it:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ercedes-singapore.39LHh9U6TjcFKzqTxp4X5V.html

They didn’t tell him not to race after that event. Do you honestly believe Bottas had the best chance of winning out if the two? It was the team game. Hamilton was only compromised to begin with since they left him out to have a chance at taking on the Ferrari’s, to put Bottas ahead of him would have been ludicrous.

Frankly Ferrari should have swapped their drivers.

Bottas fully explained it after the race, all above board and as you would expect. It's a shame ferrari doesn't have the same rules as they always, in every race this year, have kept Leclec in hte dark as to what Vettel was doing to the detriment of Leclec every time.

More fool them. If they hadn’t favoured Vettel at the start of the season Leclerc would be in with a shot right now.

Soldato

They didn’t tell him not to race after that event. Do you honestly believe Bottas had the best chance of winning out if the two? It was the team game. Hamilton was only compromised to begin with since they left him out to have a chance at taking on the Ferrari’s, to put Bottas ahead of him would have been ludicrous.

Frankly Ferrari should have swapped their drivers.

The thing I'm trying to point out is that there are team orders in both camps and there is always one person who gets penalised more than the other, not just at Ferrari but Mercedes have done it countless times too.

Bottas is second in the championship, whatever happened to give him a fighting chance?

Soldato
If they hadn’t favoured Vettel at the start of the season Leclerc would be in with a shot right now.

No he wouldn't lol, are you kidding me? The Merc has been the superior car up until after the summer break. Lewis fully deserves winning the WDC this year, if Ferrari had the current package earlier on the season it would be much closer for sure, but they didn't.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
No he wouldn't lol, are you kidding me? The Merc has been the superior car up until after the summer break. Lewis fully deserves winning the WCC this year, if Ferrari had the current package earlier on the season it would be much closer for sure, but they didn't.

He could be within about 50 points if they hadn’t screwed him repeatedly. He’d be a hell of a lot closer than he is now.

At least Leclerc has hopefully put himself into equal status ready for Ferrari’s challenge next year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom