Single black female: Love Island and the problem with race and dating

Ethnicity based sexual preferences show how, in action, we are all racist.

Believing that one ethnicity is more attractive (even if only generally) than another is literal racism.
You're twisting words. Preferring a certain look to another isn't a belief of superiority, it's just having a preference.

It's also not "believing", it's having a preference. I don't believe that Chinese food is superior to other cuisines, for example. I simply prefer it as a personal preference.

and American news - this poor bloke ended up being driven along the motorway by his ex girlfriend :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/44652160/i-m-on-top-of-a-speeding-vehicle-please-help-me

The funniest thing is, she then did a TV/radio interview where she claimed she didn't think she'd done anything wrong, and was going to have a restraining order put on the bloke :p

Who frankly deserves everything he gets. After she tried to kill him (by actively swerving at 70mph to shake him off the bonnet), he refused to give police a witness statement or press charges. So frankly if she does end up killing him, he's a tool for letting it happen. Woman is obviously off her rocker.

It's not racist to not be attracted to a certain type. What's racist is to think someone is inferior, or has inferior worth as a person because of their skin colour or ethnicity.

Is it racist to not find black women attractive in the sense that i don't subconciously wish to have black or mixed race off-spring?

Even without actually having the possibility of having children, using condoms or her taking the pill etc, aren't we biologically programmed to find a mate? Isn't that what drives attraction?

Is it racist to not find black women attractive in the sense that i don't subconciously wish to have black or mixed race off-spring?

Even without actually having the possibility of having children, using condoms or her taking the pill etc, aren't we biologically programmed to find a mate? Isn't that what drives attraction?
That one's racist.

Stunning logic at work there. Do you believe that every heterosexual is a homophobe?

What utter nonsense.

Why don't you use some 'stunning logic' yourself and look at the definitions of 'racist' and 'homophobe' lest you might make foolish comparisons?

Here I'll help you out

homophobe
ˈhɒməfəʊb,ˈhəʊməfəʊb/
noun
  1. a person with an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

racist
ˈreɪsɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

You see one is a 'phobia' (an irrational fear) and the other isn't hence they mean different things about the respective groups involved.

Unless you think a man not wanting to have sex with an other man amounts to a 'extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality' then a (heterosexual) man is not a homophobe just because he doesn't want to have sex with a other man.

Declaring (objectively) that x ethnicity is more attractive then y ethnicity is however a literal case of believing that a particular race is superior to another and hence is an example of racism (nothing in the definition of 'racism' says that the belief in the superiority of one 'race' over another has to be a universal one)

Last edited:
@Caracus2k you need to stop being a pedant and wipe the slevers from your chin. Just because Filipino women don't give me a semi, that doesn't mean my penis is a racist.

So no sensible reply to offer?

Its regrettable for your ability to reason and present arguments if you can't tell you 'isms' (siding with or imitating one thing) from your phobias (irrational fear of a thing)

So no sensible reply to offer?

Its regrettable for your ability to reason and present arguments if you can't tell you 'isms' (siding with or imitating one thing) from your phobias (irrational fear of a thing)

It's tricky to reply sensibly to someone who is actively trying to misrepresent things by being an uber-pedant.

Preference, be it liking or disliking, is not the same thing as racism or sexism.

I am attracted to women (that doesn't make me sexist towards men) and am not a huge fan of fish as a food.

I do not think fish is inferior to other food, I just don't particularily like it. I am more attracted to white and asian women, but there are Indian and black women that I do find attractive. There are also plenty of white and asian women that I think are butt-ugly and I am not attracted to. Mixed race is the best though, the earlier examples of Nathalie Emmanuel and Kristen Kreuk are spot on, both are super hot.

It's tricky to reply sensibly to someone who is actively trying to misrepresent things by being an uber-pedant.

Preference, be it liking or disliking, is not the same thing as racism or sexism.

But we are not just taking about individual, personal preferences. We are talking about statements that are generally relevant to whole groups.

I. E '*insert ethnicity and sex*are not as attractive as another group.

This is a literal statement of the superiority of one group other another.

Its not pedantic to point out that 'isms' and phobias do not refer to the same thing. The lack of understanding of the difference is important.

The point is that reality doesn't care for anyones sensibilities.

Certain groups are, on average, superior to other groups over a range of different attributes (and its perfectly possible for one group to be superior in one regard vs another group yet inferior in another).

To observe and report these inherent differences is to be racist! Which is why we are all a bit racist (as the song goes).

Its funny that some of the same people who claim to champion 'diversity' get all precious when that diversity actually results in read world differences in outcomes.

But we are not just taking about individual, personal preferences. We are talking about statements that are generally relevant to whole groups.

I. E '*insert ethnicity and sex*are not as attractive as another group.

This is a literal statement of the superiority of one group other another.

Its not pedantic to point out that 'isms' and phobias do not refer to the same thing. The lack of understanding of the difference is important.

The point is that reality doesn't care for anyones sensibilities.

Certain groups are, on average, superior to other groups over a range of different attributes (and its perfectly possible for one group to be superior in one regard vs another group yet inferior in another).

To observe and report these inherent differences is to be racist! Which is why we are all a bit racist (as the song goes).

Its funny that some of the same people who claim to champion 'diversity' get all precious when that diversity actually results in read world differences in outcomes.

Attractiveness is subjective though, you are actively choosing to ignore the context of the sentence. When someone says x is not as attractive as y, they are speaking subjectively, as in "they don't find x as attractive as y". They are not making a categorical statement of fact.

Attractiveness is subjective though, you are actively choosing to ignore the context of the sentence. When someone says x is not as attractive as y, they are speaking subjectively, as in "they don't find x as attractive as y". They are not making a categorical statement of fact.

And when we aggregate stats and show clear group preferences and report on thoose preferences?

Just be good looking basically, if you haven't got that then it's all about the betabux life.

It's interesting isn't it.

Saying you don't date someone because of age, ageism!
Saying you don't want to date certain races or say certain races better looking, racism!

Saying oh I won't date guys below 6ft? heightism?
oh I won't date guys/girls who aren't hot. looksism?

Back
Top Bottom