Single black female: Love Island and the problem with race and dating

It's interesting isn't it.

Saying you don't date someone because of age, ageism!
Saying you don't want to date certain races or say certain races better looking, racism!

Saying oh I won't date guys below 6ft? heightism?
oh I won't date guys/girls who aren't hot. looksism?

I guess the difference is, with beauty being subjective, if you would date a black women if you met one that you found attractive, that is not racism.

Refusing to entertain the idea as you believe they are all unattractive even if you haven't seen them all, that is racism.

Obviously if you refuse to date any specific race because of preconceived notions ("all dirty", "all thieves", etc) then you are a full blown bigot my hypthetical friend. :D

I'd say it was more on the grounds of lubrication, or lack of. :)

Dude! You're in luck! The fine men and women at Durex Sexy Time Ltd have got your back, with a wide range of sloppy lubricant products. Now you don't have to die knowing that you never achieved your life goal of porking your nasty way through a care home. Have at it you filthy deviant!

Did I mention I'm a gumsist too? :(

Good news! The fine men and women at Colgate Fluoridated Dental Paste Ltd have got your back with their wide range of medicated dental cleansers! Their patented formulas now mean the chances of finding an octogenarian with all their own teeth are better than ever before! Now stop making excuses and go find yourself the crinkly of your dreams.

lol, white people are better at swimming than blacks. A generalisation but yet it holds true. I suppose that’s racist to point out?

As stupid as it sounds, this has more to do with the historical culture of dark skinned people, as the women were primary care-givers to children they did not frequent waterways or places to swim, as the black colour is more common amongst northern and mid-african regions these are some of the dryest places in the world. Mothers therefore did not have a culture of taking their children swimming or being reliant on fish/fishing as a primary food source.. Some people even claim the hair composition of black people is far less forgiving once wet which detracts modernised women from taking their children swimming.

As stupid as it sounds, this has more to do with the historical culture of dark skinned people, as the women were primary care-givers to children they did not frequent waterways or places to swim, as the black colour is more common amongst northern and mid-african regions these are some of the dryest places in the world. Mothers therefore did not have a culture of taking their children swimming or being reliant on fish/fishing as a primary food source.. Some people even claim the hair composition of black people is far less forgiving once wet which detracts modernised women from taking their children swimming.

You see this a lot in the US where swimming pools used to be segregated. The parents/grandparents of a lot of black people never had access to swimming pools and therefore never learned how to swim. Because of this a lot of them have fears of drowning and never attempt to learn, or have their kids learn to swim.

There's some crazy stat somewhere that black kids are 3 or 4 times more likely to drown than white kids.

lol, white people are better at swimming than blacks. A generalisation but yet it holds true. I suppose that’s racist to point out?

In Athletes I understand the issue to be as a result of White athletes tending to retain some subcutaneous fat even when very fit whereas Black ones tend to lose it all. This means that fit White people are naturally more buoyant

Fit Black swimmers have to work just that little bit harder at simply staying afloat so have just that little bit less energy to make progress.

In Athletes I understand the issue to be as a result of White athletes tending to retain some subcutaneous fat even when very fit whereas Black ones tend to lose it all. This means that fit White people are naturally more buoyant

Fit Black swimmers have to work just that little bit harder at simply staying afloat so have just that little bit less energy to make progress.

Going by the mental comments in this thread, this must mean that water is racist, too. :p

Also black people have slightly heavier bones on top of that. Less buoyant and more weight means more energy is wasted staying on the surface. With such tiny margins at the top level it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Opinions, thoughts and feelings all fine.

Being a dick to each other based on those opinions, thoughts and feelings, not so much.

Spreading and inciting hate based on those opinions, thoughts and feelings to others, not so much.

Opinions, thoughts and feelings all fine.

Being a dick to each other based on those opinions, thoughts and feelings, not so much.

Spreading and inciting hate based on those opinions, thoughts and feelings to others, not so much.

Was that a reply to a specific comment or just generalised virtue signalling?

So is it the case that by acknowledging that these biological & cultural facts of life, one is deemed racist? Do we need to pretend that as a race, white people aren’t inherently superior in water?

At the end of the day, everybody likes blonde Swedish girls, nobody likes black girls. It’s not racist, it’s simply a fact of life and pointless to pretend otherwise.

Last edited:
I switched off the minute the dictionary definitions started flying around :o

Back
Top Bottom