****Sins of a Solar Empire II ****

Soldato
i feel sure this was posted some time ago, probably in another thread but i cant seem to locate it :/

edit : some further break down and info:

The battle for galactic supremacy continues as Stardock and Ironclad Games will bring Sins of a Solar Empire® II to Steam this Summer. Sins of a Solar Empire II seamlessly combines real-time strategy and 4X depth, delivering sprawling empires, huge tactical fleet battles, and unforgettable gameplay moments that can only be found in Sins II.
Sins II will give players more tools than ever to form their own play styles as they battle, scheme, monopolize, and manipulate their way to victory. The sequel also introduces new emergent tactics and strategies that reward creative thinking. Players can protect vulnerable units by body-blocking missiles with their Titan, launch a surprise attack from a rogue asteroid when its orbit reaches the enemy's back line, or guard themselves against a backstab with a time-locked alliance.
empty.gif

Sins of a Solar Empire II is packed with new features for players to explore, including:
•​
Orbiting planets that dynamically alter the map during play​
•​
Enhanced tactical battles and deeper combat simulation​
•​
New Influence System: befriend minor factions for unique capabilities​
•​
New Economy Model: customize worlds to fit production needs​
•​
Capital ships that can be equipped with special augmentations​
•​
New in-game mod browser​
Releasing on Steam this Summer

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: 4-core Processor (Intel Core i5 5th-generation or AMD Ryzen 2x00 series)
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 3D Video Card w/2GB VRAM (Nvidia GeForce 950 / AMD Radeon RX 450)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: 1920x1080 minimum screen resolution

• Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: 8-core Processor (Intel Core i7 9th-generation or AMD Ryzen 3x00 series)
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 3D Video Card w/4GB+ VRAM (Nvidia GeForce 1060 or AMD Radeon 580)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: 1920x1080 minimum screen resolution

i note the requirement for nroardband, suggesting alays on connection needed :/ maybe that wil change.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i've not played Galactic Civ, but they have been liked to he same genre but Differant.
SOSE focus more on combat and GC more on empire building
&

I have played Sins though. enjoyabe for what it was, big long game of firing misslles across the glactic web on the one side and a hord of pirates the other side going after you..
whats your preference ?

im not really the right person to anwser your question.

Associate
Bearing in mind I've not played either, is this game similar to Galactic Civ, just that's what I associate Stardock with.
From what I remember of GalCiv - which I played a looooooooooong time ago and not for long - GalCiv is more like a turn based Stealaris.

SOASE 1 (i've not played 2, i assume it's similar) is more RTS with a small (compared to other games) tech tree, very minor planetary upgrades and you building stuff in space. There is trade, but you just build a trade hub IIRC and that's pretty much it. There's diplomacy which revolves around envoy ships or missions given to you by other factions or both, different factions also unlock different perks at different relationship levels.

Each planet has it's own area that you can move your ships around it and build in it, planets are connected via hyperlanes, suns are connected via hyperlanes. There's a culture system to give you bonuses or, IIRC, flip a system. That progresses along the hyperspace lanes.

Ships are pre-designed. They have upgrades in the tech tree and can have abilities. There are different classes of ships too.

To me, SOASE 1 is more like Star Trek Armada 2 if you've played that, but with pockets around the planets. There's even a Star Trek Armade 3 mod for it, which is very nice if that's something that'd interest you.

There's a piracy mechanic too. You can bribe the pirates to go attack someone.

Might give you an idea

Last edited:
Soldato
I do have Sins 1 and played it a bit with friends. I'd say it's slightly more like Homeworld (not that I've played that a huge amount) for the fighting and it's certainly not turn-based. I've always wanted there to be a campaign but I don't think that was ever implemented.

Soldato
It is nothing like stellaris. It is more like age of empires.

Played the first one quite a bit when it came out :)

Oh ok cool. Not that I don't like Stellaris but don't need more of the same.

Can anyone recall that old game, think it was around the time of the first Solar game, can't recall the name but it reminded me of Haemoglobin, it had a weird name.

Edit: Found it, bloody hell 2002, https://www.gog.com/en/game/haegemonia_gold_edition

Last edited:
Soldato
I really enjoyed the first one and actually still have it installed not that I'm that good at it. Been looking forward to this for ages but I'll believe a Q3 release date when I see it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I will probably wait a good 6 months or so to let beta testing to be done and for it to be £20 or so. But defo grabbing it at some point if it is as good as the first game.

Soldato
Looking forward to this as i have played over 700 hours in Rebellion. Just hope they keep the mod support as there are some really good one out there that really transform the base game. I've put too many hours into Star Trek Armada III.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looking forward to this as i have played over 700 hours in Rebellion. Just hope they keep the mod support as there are some really good one out there that really transform the base game. I've put too many hours into Star Trek Armada III.

I always wanted to try that. It was still beta when I had a go then completely forgot about it. If they updated that to this game it would be fab!

Back
Top Bottom