Six Nations 2017 (4th February - 18 March)

Caporegime
One of my favourite sporting events is nearly here.

Squads:

ENGLAND bRzQCA3.png

Dare I say...favourites to win again?

Somehow Marler is fit having fractured his leg on the 10th January...!! I can only assume it was a hairline fracture at worst. Still impressive though.

Also look out for: new and exciting ways for Hartley to get himself banned, and will Jack Nowell be the same without his rat tail?

FRANCE Y265nPL.png

Normally the most volatile, both in terms of the fans and the players. As usual, a bit of an unknown quantity.

IRELAND 9Oevhgq.png

Johnny Sexton and Peter O'Mahony will miss Ireland's Six Nations opener against Scotland on Saturday. Shouldn't be a problem though :p.

ITALY iFuVBFr.png

Favourites...to win the wooden spoon?

SCOTLAND h280hi8.png

Perennial also-rans. Hogg's a decent player.

WALES vDO2UVh.png

Wales lock Luke Charteris is out of their Six Nations opener against Italy in Rome on Sunday as Bath team-mate Taulupe Faletau awaits a fitness test. Both expected to be fit for England though.

Fixtures:

Saturday 4th February 2017
Scotland v Ireland at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 2:25pm
England v France at Twickenham Stadium, London 4:50pm

Sunday 5th February 2017
Italy v Wales at Stadio Olimpico, Rome 2:00pm

Saturday 11th February 2017
Italy v Ireland at Stadio Olimpico, Rome 2:25pm
Wales v England at Principality Stadium, Cardiff 4:50pm

Sunday 12th February 2017
France v Scotland at Stade de France, Paris 3:00pm

Saturday 25th February 2017
Scotland v Wales at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 2:25pm
Ireland v France at Aviva Stadium, Dublin 4:50pm

Sunday 26th February 2017
England v Italy at Twickenham Stadium, London 3:00pm

Friday 10th March 2017
Wales v Ireland at Principality Stadium, Cardiff 8:05pm

Saturday 11th March 2017
Italy v France at Stadio Olimpico, Rome 1:30pm
England v Scotland at Twickenham Stadium, London 4:00pm

Saturday 18th March 2017
Scotland v Italy at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 12:30pm
France v Wales at Stade de France, Paris 2:45pm
Ireland v England at Aviva Stadium, Dublin 5:00pm

Soldato
Ireland are favourites because of the way the fixture list falls out. Also fully expect Les Blues to turn England over in the opener, Novès has had 10 days with them in training camp and that is unheard of prep for a French team.

Soldato
As an aside and if anyone is travelling to Dublin for the Ireland v England (possible champ decider) on the last day of the six nations and were wondering what to do on St. Patricks day, the day before the game, how about..............

y3mqxFVSTuf8GLtNHNjQN45JeMkj93hDN40KPAOWtXKg2PKd5xqxKRV8LBHUYS80bSkog2DGjuS8BBB5loQu0-cEjsCit0em7Y0rZ3UlbLbBdUcaM_e-yFEm_l4PlPsm-yZgcekhkD816Dfp0DdmEZpQQYdE3UOhRnPJohdHH2NF4A

Remebering a cracking fella and Legends games are stonking entertainment and it's St. Patricks day to boot :D :D

And if you're wondering if the Rugby at legends games is any good, I try to get to as many Legends International games as possible and they are all great fun. I was at the England V Australia game in 2013 when Steve Thompson did this!!! :D :D

Might just try and find myself in Dublin that weekend ;)

Man of Honour
IRELAND 9Oevhgq.png

Johnny Sexton and Peter O'Mahony will miss Ireland's Six Nations opener against Scotland on Saturday. Shouldn't be a problem though :p.

SCOTLAND h280hi8.png

Perennial also-rans. Hogg's a decent player.

You're half right at least, Hogg's more than merely decent.

Unexpected to win and there's been plenty of 6 Nations where I'd have been pleased for them to score three tries in the whole tournament so to score three in the first half was great. Struggled a bit in the second half but a good composed finish in the end. If Ireland had won I couldn't really have complained though.

Soldato
Enjoyed that, watched with my old man. Ireland were unlucky tbh but very entertaining.

How many times has the shoe been on the other foot though? Where Scotland play better but lose narrowly at the death. For once Scotland are able to close out a match. Deserved. Heroic attacking first half Heroic defending in the 2nd

Soldato
May's yellow card was a joke. If the guy you tackle falls on the floor while you hold his legs without lifting them, how is that the tackler's fault?

Yeah it was harsh but you are meant to put them down. Rule is there to prevent flipping opponents which is dangerous as hell

Soldato
How many times has the shoe been on the other foot though? Where Scotland play better but lose narrowly at the death. For once Scotland are able to close out a match. Deserved. Heroic attacking first half Heroic defending in the 2nd

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with the win but I pity any team going up against Ireland now, they have a lot to prove and will be out for blood. Scotland deserved to win though.

Back
Top Bottom