Six Nations 2017 (4th February - 18 March)

Soldato
Care might have just handed it to us. Really stupid penalty to give away. Good kick into the corner by the McGrath. Tense last minute.

Soldato
Thar reminded me of the Wales loss in 2013. England turned up with completely the wrong game plan. No compete for most Irish line outs, mostly no compete at Irish breakdowns, and way too many lone runners taking the ball into contact. Madness it was only the fact Ireland are so impotent in attack that that wasn't a proper kicking.

Soldato
Great game to end the 6 nations. I think the bonus point was a success, every team made a good go of it this year. From my own point of view, I wish Ireland hadn't taken until the last game to get their set pieces working. Their lineout was appalling all year apart from today.

Associate
The wales game was a joke, man of the match was the frog doctor, the amusing thing is the french rugby public would have preferred to lose than win like that, hear the boos when they showed their coach on the big screen after the prop change? On the subject of England, being Welsh I am slightly biased.. BUT, you guys could easily have lost both the France and Wales games and been playing for not a great deal today yourselves. All in all, quite a reasonable six nations this year, disappointing 'Super' Saturday, perhaps weather etc didn't help, maybe people with eyes on other prizes but not bad and the bonus point experiment certainly didn't 'ruin' the tournament. I also watch the super rugby, they are light years ahead of us, I fear for the lions this summer. On the subject of which, imagine the lions pinch eddie jones and suddenly england start playing worse.. would we hear the end of that from the English? me thinks not!

Caporegime
OP
Disappointing, but at least we don't have to listen to the media asking if England is the greatest ever test side for the next ten years because they won 19 in a row, comparing us to the All Blacks who did it against much harder opposition, etc.

Soldato
This year is going to be very interesting indeed after that opener.

England
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
France
Italy

England grand slam is contentious, but I think it will happen, especially with Haskell back and Jones on the warpath after the shaky start. France put in one hell of a show and I wonder if Wales will actually finish below France and potentially Scotland.

We're in for a great competition!

It was a great competition. Should have gone with my gut on the prediction though, I called it on my second paragraph!

Back
Top Bottom