sk3lph's brand new Media/Cinema room

Associate
OP
Some fancy looking subs, not heard of them before, how do you find them?

My installer has put me on to Robson Accoustics as I hadn't heard of them either, but they sound really good in his demo room.

Thanks for all the posts of encouragement, good to see people are keen for further news.

All the walls have now been boarded up and the coffer and rear pletform will be built this coming week as well as routing the cabling for lighting and power outlets, plastering is laible to be starting the following week hopefully.

More pics will be posted here in due course.

Associate
OP
The platform at the back is now in so people there will still get a good view in the back row.

An LED strip light is going to go underneath the lip of the step so it can easily be seen in the dark, which should also look pretty smart.

5pzSePq.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for all the positive comments.

Coffer will be built tomorrow and the building phase will be finished off and looks like the plasterers are arriving on Thursday.

Looking lovely :)

Hope you will get loads of time to watch films in it once complete!

Oh yes - I don't think I've been this excited since I was eight on Christmas morning.

Associate
OP
The progress of the build hit a bit of a problem, basically the joiner and the builder fell out and the builder ended up sacking the joiner even though I was very happy with the work he had done, personalities do clash I suppose, but the joiner was basically not doing what the builder was telling him so there you go.

The good news is the room has now been plastered as the pictures show so the coffer will now be built by a different joiner next week.

So the sequence of events from now will be -

• Complete the build of the coffer.
  • Install the ceiling grilles and complete air-con installation.
  • Cut holes in the ceiling for the four ceiling speakers.
  • Install the star fibre optic lighting in the ceiling.
  • finish the electrics installation.
  • Paint and decorate the room.
  • Fit the carpet.
  • Fit the AV kit.
  • Get some seating.

I'm expecting an eye watering bill from the builder when he is finished so things may slow down a bit depending on finances.

RwlQcbq.jpg

nfwKdH5.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
^^Unfortunate to hear the builder and joiner wouldn't continue working together, but a lot of progress looks to have been made since your last pics. Hopefully this won't set back your project too much.

Associate
OP
The frame for the coffer is now up, the panels should be going on tomorrow and the electrics for the lighting should be going in too if I can get a hold of the electrician.

This first picture shows the enclosure for the projector.

ClusO6P.jpg

o6TopV3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom