Skoda

Associate
So I wanted a boot liner for biking mainly (already have roof rack for other car and didn't like the way you have to attach them to the Octavia) and the odd job where the boot would get a bit of abuse, Tried Hatchbag and they do pretty much every other car (including estate version of mine) over the hatchback, apparently there's not enough interest for this model (popular family hatchback...go figure??)

So went with Rhino instead and it's just arrived, seems to be well made, colour looks good and just needs a wipe down occasionally but need to give it a proper test run, seems to fit well and took me all of 1 minute to figure out, need to velcro it down properly and neaten it up.

I went for the full extended version so the rear of front seats is protected, they all come with the handy boot flap.

20160412_080308.jpg

Soldato
Does anyone else find the the paint on the new Octavia a bit thin. I already have a couple of stone chips and a slight rub with a broom by accident has left a small mark on the back. I had my Astra 2 years and only had one chip in that time.

It seems the Skoda is lacking a few layers of paint if you ask me...

Soldato
It's not a new thing, was a regular complaint on the mk2 - it regularly just falls off! I guess it's one area where they're noticeably cheaper than the other VAG counterparts

Soldato
Does anyone else find the the paint on the new Octavia a bit thin. I already have a couple of stone chips and a slight rub with a broom by accident has left a small mark on the back. I had my Astra 2 years and only had one chip in that time.

yes - whilst mine is standing up ok after nearly 3 years (mk3 vRS) - it does leave a bit to be desired the paint work!

Associate

agreed! I've several small chips on the front and the car is just over 2 years old (Mk3 Octy vRS) :rolleyes:

Soldato
Noticed on the Superb (15 plate) now with 11,500 miles there are a few chips on the bonnet already.

Also a few nicks here and there from people brushing past so deffinately no where near the quality of other cars.

Associate
After much waiting my 230 is now at the dealers.

Picking her up on Saturday.

I fear I will be like a child at Christmas on Friday night!

enjoy driving off the forecourt!! I remember the feeling picking my first brand new vRS up!

contemplating a new superb next, what are peoples thoughts and what spec should i look for?

Thanks

Soldato
There is a Superb Sportline coming out in a few weeks, but it's more cosmetics than anything I think (you know, white paint, black wheels and windows, 15mm lower suspension...). It is available with the usual engines, so that does at least include the 2.0 TSI 280ps 4x4 and 220ps fwd. Both are DSG with no choice of a manual box.

More info.

Skoda just changed to the MY2017 which brings few upgrades bar a price increase, and they have made the free TV tuner on top L&K spec a £850 option. It's not the only negative change either, so many are complaining on the forums. Skoda are only honouring the 'old' full spec trim for orders up until 1st April even though they didn't announce the changes until 1st May. So you have people who paid a wad of cash for a particular spec for four weeks, who are now getting short changed.

Personally I think the spec I have (SE-L Executive, 220ps TSI) is the sweet spot, as it has practically everything you'll actually want or need and is quite a few thousand cheaper than the L&K. If you're buying to keep though, then L&K still is worth looking at as it does still come with adaptive suspension as standard.

Soldato
Off to have a chat next week with Skoda again as my vRS is heading for nearly 3 years old now and need to decide what to do next.

Been very happy with mine for the 3 years I've own it and would seriously consider another one. Might go for the petrol vRS this time as I originally took the deisel as I used to do around 15-18k a year mileage but this is now more like 10-12k.

Soldato
I think I will be getting something like a superb next something a bit more comfy. I like the VRS just not the crashy suspension and I don't find the seats that comfy after a while...

Soldato
I think I will be getting something like a superb next something a bit more comfy. I like the VRS just not the crashy suspension and I don't find the seats that comfy after a while...

It's all about personal things but I did 10 hours from Southampton to Ayrshire last week and even after 3 years of owning the car, I'm still very happy with the fact I get out the car and feel good.

Had a 5 series before and could do around 2 hours before I started getting a sore back despite hours of different setups etc!

Back
Top Bottom