Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Caporegime
OP
Hey @MissChief :)

Just ordered a new 4K TV and considering all I watch is sports I’m wondering what sort of cost just a basic package with sports would cost?

Do I need Sky Q for 4K?

Thanks for this service, this forum always comes in clutch when you need it :cool:
Not sure on pricing and yes you need Q for UHD. Trust message me or start a conversation and I’ll send a code along.

Associate
My contract is coming to end. Does anyone have any idea what I should be paying for the following? want some ammunition for when i do the cancellation merry go round.

- Sky ultimate
- Sky sports HD
- Multi Screen
- UHD

Associate
My contract is coming to end. Does anyone have any idea what I should be paying for the following? want some ammunition for when i do the cancellation merry go round.

- Sky ultimate
- Sky sports HD
- Multi Screen
- UHD

I think it depends on who you speak to (at Sky). I've seen some offers on here that people have got but I haven't been offered anywhere close to those.

Caporegime
OP

- Sky ultimate
- Sky sports HD
- Multi Screen
- UHD
Best thing I can suggest is don’t be afraid to put your cancellation notice in. You have 31 days to change your mind and it’s an instant stop. You’ll likely get a better deal calling their bluff.

Associate
Best thing I can suggest is don’t be afraid to put your cancellation notice in. You have 31 days to change your mind and it’s an instant stop. You’ll likely get a better deal calling their bluff.

ok will give that a go. It’s amazing how Sky can get away with this. What happened to treating all customers fairly? I guess it also happens elsewhere.

Soldato
Just cancelled sky after 20 years, they can't get close to some of the offers people have had.

However, in a twist of fate, it seems they have our old address (from <2008) on the system, so they kindly mentioned I should be able to at least get the Mrs to sign up at the new address and get a new customer deal.

@MissChief - You seem to be very helpful in this thread, are there any good friends/family deals for TV at the moment? I was looking at a fairly full TV Pack:
Sky signature
Ultimate TV Add-on
Kids
Cinema
Sports
HD
UHD
Multiroom
Sky GO Extra
etc

But if there are any good deals, the essentials for me are
Sky F1 HD (I think that's Sky Sports only these days?)
Signature
Sky Q
Multiroom

:)

Caporegime
OP
Just cancelled sky after 20 years, they can't get close to some of the offers people have had.

However, in a twist of fate, it seems they have our old address (from <2008) on the system, so they kindly mentioned I should be able to at least get the Mrs to sign up at the new address and get a new customer deal.

@MissChief - You seem to be very helpful in this thread, are there any good friends/family deals for TV at the moment? I was looking at a fairly full TV Pack:
Sky signature
Ultimate TV Add-on
Kids
Cinema
Sports
HD
UHD
Multiroom
Sky GO Extra
etc

Signature
Sky Q
Multiroom

Send me a trust or start a conversation please.

Caporegime
OP

Sky signature
Ultimate TV Add-on
Kids
Cinema
Sports
HD
UHD
Multiroom
Sky GO Extra
etc

Signature
Sky Q
Multiroom

Code on the way

Soldato
What's the deal when it comes to renewal time? Ours is due to renew in May.. I've been sent a deal that says if I renew now I can save £180 over 18 months. Called up to ask about it and it turns out my bill will go from £50 up to £64 by renewing this deal... Not quite sure how I get a saving based on that.

Is this something you can better @MissChief ?

Associate
What's the deal when it comes to renewal time? Ours is due to renew in May.. I've been sent a deal that says if I renew now I can save £180 over 18 months. Called up to ask about it and it turns out my bill will go from £50 up to £64 by renewing this deal... Not quite sure how I get a saving based on that.

Is this something you can better @MissChief ?

i guess the saving is based on the full price, not what you are currently paying.

Associate
Hi All, Im just moving into a new property and it appears Virgin Media isnt available so am having to look at getting sky for the first time in 15 years. Looking on the website it appears its going to cost me approx £120 / month to get a full tv package with 57mb broadband. This is a massive shock considering ive been paying £59 / month at my current address for everything and 900mb inet. Is there any deals, offers or F&f options available? any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. @MissChief reading through the thread you seem to be extremely helpful and knowledgable, dont suppose you can guide or make suggestions please

Caporegime
OP
Hi All, Im just moving into a new property and it appears Virgin Media isnt available so am having to look at getting sky for the first time in 15 years. Looking on the website it appears its going to cost me approx £120 / month to get a full tv package with 57mb broadband. This is a massive shock considering ive been paying £59 / month at my current address for everything and 900mb inet. Is there any deals, offers or F&f options available? any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. @MissChief reading through the thread you seem to be extremely helpful and knowledgable, dont suppose you can guide or make suggestions please
I'd approach a kiosk or store in a shopping centre, they usually have decent discounts on offer.

Associate
do sky still have the live chat? looking to get a UHD box but looks like the website isn't working to well every time you click on UHD it goes to a page nothing to do with it.

Associate
do sky still have the live chat? looking to get a UHD box but looks like the website isn't working to well every time you click on UHD it goes to a page nothing to do with it.
When I used it last I Googled something like 'sky live chat' takes you to the contact page and asks questions about reason for contact, it then gave me the option to live chat

Back
Top Bottom