Sky Go

Associate
OP
You have to install xcon 25 via there repo as the one on cydia is only 23. It works a treat after that.

Hi

I can get the skygo to work on my mobile now using the xcon, however trying to use HDMI out on my phone to the TV doesnt work anymore ?

Anyone else got similar issues trying to hook up ipad/iphone with sky go to a TV?

Soldato
I pay £80 a month to Sky and cannot for the life of me see what having a JB iPad has to do with them !! Very annoyed is an understatement.

I can sort of understand it from Sky's angle though. Sky Go is just so easy to abuse - our house pays about the same per month and I could easily add anybody's laptop to our account and he/she would get all the benefits of the Sky package too, for nothing.

Associate
You can only have two devices per sky account. You can also only change them about twice in a month (might be three times).

The xcon alias is there to combat the vendors updates. If i am correct if sky update and you have alias it will still work. I think.

Soldato
Hi

I can get the skygo to work on my mobile now using the xcon, however trying to use HDMI out on my phone to the TV doesnt work anymore ?

Anyone else got similar issues trying to hook up ipad/iphone with sky go to a TV?

Working fine here on iPhone with the Display Out app from Cydia.

Associate
OP
Have you checked the app you were using to output the display is enabled/installed?

I was using a free version, didnt work no matter what settings i played with, So I then paid for display out as you have, it doesnt seem to have a UI i can configure but does say sky go may already be ok for tv out so i guess its working? I plug it into HDMI port and nothing :(

Associate
OP
Tried plugging directly into HDMI in on TV, no picture, tried watching something other than SKYgo, not that ive tried that before, no picture......

ffs!!!!!!!

Soldato
I was using a free version, didnt work no matter what settings i played with, So I then paid for display out as you have, it doesnt seem to have a UI i can configure but does say sky go may already be ok for tv out so i guess its working? I plug it into HDMI port and nothing :(

Sounds to me like you need to enable it, you can toggle it from SB Settings drop down or there is a display out section in the iOS settings screen down the left hand side.

Back
Top Bottom