*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
The wife pays the Sky bill in our household, I just got the bill off her for a look tonight.

Sky box sets + Sports + Cinema
HD Basic
Sky Sports HD
Sky Multiscreen (we dont even use this!)
£95.50 per month....wow....

I need to call them and get a deal and upgrade to SkyQ.

Associate
You can only have one 2TB Q box per account. If it’s a 2TB +HD box then they won’t install it for you but can send a viewing card. You also can’t mix Q and Sky+HD with sky channels.
Hi there, thanks for your input, to get the 'new' box up and running what do I need to do? I already have a 2tb HD box, as I said, my folks live with me, have their own lounge essentially, so I was hoping I can increase my storage by going about it this way? I have seen a page on sky's site that allows you to register an extra box? Will that then just get added to my main account, will I still get Bt sports on it? (or will I have to pinch the box with the original card?) I'm not sure if I can add 2tb boxes, but it seems like the only way to currently get more than 2 TB storage, obviously my folks like heartbeat, father brown etc, not really to my taste! Cheers in advance, and thanks to those letting me know the number of hours of uhd that can be recorded, it was the same when HD came out, 350gig drives and you could record like 30hrs!!!

Associate
My current Sky contract comes to an end on 26th December we have Sky Q, it was discounted by 50% so we had the usual TV with box sets and HD for £19 pm, is there any similar offers that retention's are able to offer or if I were to give notice to cancel at the end of my contract do sky still offer 50% off like they used to if you renew? Thanks.

Soldato
So Sky tv Enginneer came out today but I already knew the two mini boxes were fine and connected, he looked at the boxes and said all was fine and it must be the WiFi and left, 2 hours later the mother in law popped in to say catchup was slow again and when I went into our bedroom the check the other mini it too was horribly slow so I’ve been on text chat with sky for the last 3 hours restarting all the devices and check hardware and software versions of all 3 boxes, now she’s telling me 20 connected devices is too much and I might need to take some off? It’s been fine for over a year, with a bugalow with 8 people in at any one time it’s a bit of a joke to say the least, not sure what my options are now really

Last edited:
Soldato
What is the Sky Q Experience which costs £12 pm extra ?

Does this mean you have to pay an extra £12 per month on top of the £12 HD charge to get UHD
so a £24 per month charge just for UHD :eek:

Soldato
Sky Q experience is multiroom.
Says it is also needed to unlock UHD
https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-q/

Sky Q Experience
Sky Q Experience
Watch around your home with Q Mini boxes
Pause in one room, pick up in another
✔ Unlock Ultra HD with a Sky Q 2TB box
3 months of Spotify Premium for free (£9.99 thereafter)

Sky Q Experience
+£12 a month for 18 months With Sky Q 2TB Box (£75 one-off set-up)

Caporegime
Going back to Sky Q

2TB Box + 1 Mini Box
All addons, box sets, kids, entertainment, sports and cinema.
HD and Ultra HD

£57 per month with a one off fee of £70 (due to it being a 2tb box)

price is fixed for 18 months

Caporegime
Sorry for yet another question :o

How many 4k movies are there available on sky Q ?

not a lot last time i had it 12 months ago. and the catalogue changes with time.

it may have improved a lot since then. my install isn't for another 3 weeks so i can't really say until then. tbh the difference between HD and UHD is minimal anyway.

Back
Top Bottom