*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
They’re limited by host broadcasters in many situations. The football they record and broadcast themselves. F1 provides UHD already. It would require the US Network, CBS I think does Masters coverage, to provide a UHD feed. I’m not sure they even do for their US viewers.
There is no chance of that, they don’t even film the NFL in UHD which is the biggest watched sport in the USA

Soldato
Thinking of signing up to sky as I am fed up of not being able to watch the F1 live.

Via the website it's £57/m for:
  • Signature TV
  • Sports
  • UHD
  • Ultimate TV (Netflix)

Is that the best I'll get or is there a way to get a better deal?

Thanks!

Soldato
If you just want the F1, then look at the Now TV passes with boost (if they still do it) or F1TV via VPN.

I've used Now a few times with random day passes (and boost). Never been that impressed with the quality (it's not my internet connection).

Also, want the extra benefits of having sky.

Associate
They’re limited by host broadcasters in many situations. The football they record and broadcast themselves. F1 provides UHD already. It would require the US Network, CBS I think does Masters coverage, to provide a UHD feed. I’m not sure they even do for their US viewers.

Some of the england cricket when broadcast via sky tends to be UHD.

However, i would like to see more sports in HDR. My opinion is that HDR has more of an impact than UHD, especially with good TVs that can upscale well already.

Soldato
Having a weird thing happen occasionally with my Q box. I have a harmony remote, not sure if there’s any correlation between me changing activities into tv or if it is just random.

Basically..
Hit watch tv on my harmony remote (or turn Q box on)
Gives me green light on the box, but no pic
I hit power again on the remote (harmony or Q)
Picture flashes on briefly, then goes black again
Box now shows an orange light (standby)

Thag just goes round in circles, it’s like the box thinks it’s off when it’s on, and vice versa.
Only thing to do is unplug power from the box :confused:

What’s going on?

Associate
When the Harmony thinks it's on but the Q shows it's in standby can't you press the guide button on the Harmony to wake the Q up? That'll get them back in sync.

Soldato
When the Harmony thinks it's on but the Q shows it's in standby can't you press the guide button on the Harmony to wake the Q up? That'll get them back in sync.
No, nothing I can push on the Harmony or Sky remote wakes it up. Pressing power toggle on the Harmony does the same thing as above- where pic flicks on for a second then the box turns off.

Mobster
Soldato
Bit of a bump.

Can somebody confirm, the Sky Q Mini is basically a slave right? If I start a download it actually happens on the main box, meaning the limiting factor of the download speed is actually the connection between the main box and the router right?

All the Mini is doing is connecting to the main box, so actually it doesn't really need a very fast connection?

Caporegime
Bit of a bump.

Can somebody confirm, the Sky Q Mini is basically a slave right? If I start a download it actually happens on the main box, meaning the limiting factor of the download speed is actually the connection between the main box and the router right?

All the Mini is doing is connecting to the main box, so actually it doesn't really need a very fast connection?
The minibox will even continue to receive satellite fed content from the main box even if the broadband goes down.

Back
Top Bottom